Review by TalJB22 -- East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TalJB22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taljb22.html
Latest Review: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins, PhD

Review by TalJB22 -- East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by TalJB22 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "East Wind, 2nd edition" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jack Winnick’s antiterrorism thriller East Wind is a gripping story that will keep you turning the pages to see what comes next. In this book, we are introduced to the two main characters of Winnick’s novels, Uri Levin and Lara Edmond. Uri is an agent in the top-secret quarter of Mossad, the Israeli equivalent of the FBI, known as Kidon. He is teamed up with Lara to stop an imminent threat to America’s national security. Lara is an analyst with the FBI, and her computer programs may be the only hope of finding the terrorists before they strike.

I became interested in Winnick’s series of books after reading the fifth book, Waterworks. Jumping back to the first book in the series gave me an interesting perspective while reading. The great thing is that the author writes these stories in such a way that they can easily be enjoyed as standalone books. It was very enjoyable, however, to read the first book and see how the partnership of the two main characters began.

What I enjoyed most about this book were the plot twists. The author did a great job of surprising me as the reader at a couple of points in the story. So as to not spoil it for anyone else, I won’t go into any detail here. But I appreciated the uncertainties the author threw in regarding certain characters’ loyalties and motives. The shifting loyalties, or appearance of shifting loyalties, added to the suspense of the story.

I am very happy to give East Wind four out of four stars. I really didn’t find anything about the book that I disliked. The author did a great job of putting together an intriguing story and having it well-edited. I only found two grammatical errors as I was reading.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys military or espionage thrillers. It does contain several mild instances of profanity, and it contains a couple of erotic scenes, one of them being explicit. This book also deals with some scary topics, including terrorism, martyrdom, and torture. All that being said, I would suggest this book not be read by young audiences.

As I said, this book can easily be enjoyed by itself, but I would recommend the rest of the series along with it. I’ve only read this book and the fifth one so far, but I’ll be jumping into another of Jack Winnick’s books very soon!

East Wind, 2nd edition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”