Review by Monetta -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Monetta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monetta.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Review by Monetta -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Monetta »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Final Notice Van Fleisher

There is a minimal amount of profanity in this book. The first occurrence is on page 3 (sh--). There were no out and out erotic scenes, however there are a few scenes where it is implied. But on the erotic scale I would say just a 1 or 2.

There were not a lot grammar or spelling errors. On page 35, there needs to be a comma after the word November. On page 47, put quotation marks around the phrase "or something" on page 169, the word but inserted to clarify the meaning of the statement. The book was otherwise well edited.

The elements that I liked most about the book is the way that it developed the main characters in the story and their roles. I loved the way that it developed the various subplots and then tied them all into one main plot. The suspense built and built.

At some point it became difficult to put the book down or focus on the task at hand. There weren't really any elements that I did not like. I gave the book a 4 out of 4 rating because it was a good book and because of the aforementioned. The book indirectly addressed a few political issues.

The story begins shortly after one of the main characters, an older gentleman, is assaulted by a bunch of younger guys and then a few weeks later by a dog who was accompanied by guys who used racial slurs toward the middle eastern Uber driver who stopped the attack. This leads him to consider purchasing a gun. Meanwhile a resident in a nursing home goes on a shooting rampage. Another man shoots a clerk. And yet another shoots his wife, stepson and then himself. There is also a school shooting. The one thing that the shooters had in common, aside from owning guns, is that prior to the shootings they had been issued a high tech watch. One of the features of this watch it had an app call Final Notice, which monitored the wearers health and notified them that they were going to day 10 days. Apparently these people choose to commit crimes with impunity, coupled along with other stress. The watches were designed by a company who went to lengths to minimize the connection of the watches with the shooting incidents. Meanwhile the NRA is is encouraging gun ownership by offering a senior citizen discount, and even has a rally in-spite of the school shooting. Government officials who are in the hip pocket of the NRA, deflect from the fact that easy access to guns is an underlying issue. Things began to come to a head for the company that manufactured the the watches when 3 corrupt senators who are attempting to silence the one honest senator, are shot in the honest senator's home by his housekeeper after the honest senator gets a final notice. The Senator allows everyone to think he shot them.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”