Review of Korian: Ark of the Fallen King

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tevya Ravin
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tevya-ravin.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of Korian: Ark of the Fallen King

Post by Tevya Ravin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Korian: Ark of the Fallen King" by Giorgio Garofalo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo is an epic fantasy adventure novel. This book is about adventure, friendship, love and faith.

An adventure in a magical and mysterious world is the subject of the story. We follow the hero, Korian, who has been fighting alongside his companions for some time in this dystopian world, and they have been at peace for seven years. Following the significant Dosdava war, the human and Ruid survivors have been rebuilding. When unusual light beams cross the sky, their entire world is turned upside down. Korian, a one-eyed giant, a little green monster, an alchemist, a Manian, a huntsman, and a woman skilled with a bow and arrow bear responsibility for Endura's fate. In order to find strange, old riches and learn the terrifying truth about Aaron's power and the poison that undercuts their reality, Korian and his companions must avoid the intelligent Aaron and his numerous Stragoy.

The Manian's Spear's sequel is this one. Even though it's the second novel in the series, it manages to stand-alone. There is virtually constant adventure and action, and the plot moves quickly. The action scenes were intense and skillfully captured the details. The story had strong characters and was incredibly detailed, which made me really like it. The importance of friendship and unity is also highlighted in the novel through Korian and his companions' ability to work together to find solutions to every problem they encountered.

The story takes place in several various places, and the author did a great job of explaining each one. Despite being a sequel, the world building and plot have excellent vivid details. Maps at the book's introduction were a helpful feature as well. I have to admit that I didn't have any dislike with the book. The book is enjoyable to read all the way through. Even better, I intend to pick up the following book in the series when it is out.

I found no typos or errors in the book, indicating that it has been professionally edited. The story is told in the third-person view. As a result, I give this fantasy adventure novel 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to lovers of action and adventure because it is jam-packed with adventures. It's a fantastic and captivating novel that may occupy and interest a youngster for a considerable amount of time. They do contain some distressing moments, so it might not be best for readers who are easily offended.

Korian: Ark of the Fallen King
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”