Review of Terms of Service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivan Marti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-marti.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Terms of Service

Post by Ivan Marti »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Terms of Service" by Craig W. Stanfill.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill is a science fiction novel and a dystopia about Kim and a society in which AI technology has a dominant role. The book embarks the reader on the journey of Kim, a normal citizen who likes her job at the Artificial Intelligence Company intending to work with high-level AI’s, but finds herself lost in questions about their dominance, her freedom, and her work as the story moves on and she’s punished for accidentally knowing too much in a world in which knowledge is considered dangerous.

Since the beginning of the book, Stanfill places the reader perfectly in the context of how this future works. He explains how it is managed by the AI’s, how the humans obey without being conscious of it, how names, time, and economy work, and the relation between all of these aspects. At the same time, the author fits Kim perfectly in this context, presenting us with her daily routine, her personality, and how she evolves and feels about each situation in the first chapters.

I enjoyed this book as Stanfill makes the understanding of a difficult subject such as AI technology and a possible futurist reality fluent throughout the pages, putting ourselves in the mind and body of the protagonist. The thing I liked the most is that as I got myself more into the story, I started questioning certain things about the real world, my freedom, humans, technology, and politics, a result attained only by the good works of science fiction which I think inspired the author of this book.

In conclusion, I strongly recommend this work, it is a very original fictional book that fits well into a present in which AI technology is advancing and the need for questions is urgent and also interesting.

The book has been professionally edited as no grammatical or typographical errors were found in the making of this review. It contains descriptions of erotic situations but without profanity. For the reasons explained above, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

I consider this book suitable for everyone from adolescence onwards.

Terms of Service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”