Review of Timewise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-malenya.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Review of Timewise

Post by Andrew Malenya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ron Larsen, an orphan, spent most of his childhood from one foster home to another. One day at fourteen, his life gained clarity after one chess game with a stranger. After spending most of his time in Mill Falls playing chess, Regina Russo, a Physics teacher, walks by Ron's chessboard for a game. Regina and Ron get to know each other more when she volunteers to teach at his middle and high school. Ron fancies her romantically, but he is only fourteen and above thirty. Later on, Regina offers to sponsor his college education, during which she introduces him to complex and controversial concepts in quantum physics. Ron finishes college and moves to Seattle to pursue a Ph.D., where he meets Sheila and gets married. Ron and Sheila move to Newyork, start a company and achieve unparalleled levels of success. However, the unexpected happens when Regina writes a note to Ron asking him to come back and see her. She had made a massive advancement in science. Ron and Regina begin a new secret adventure which they are both willing to sacrifice anything to see it through.

You never know what you want in life until you meet someone who expects something from you. Timewise by Robert Leet takes readers on an informative journey revealing how friends can turn into family. Ron builds a formidable relationship with Regina, which transcends time. Ron also shares special moments with Louise, Cheryl, and Tom, leaving us warm-hearted by the fact that even if friendship exists when it is convenient, the memories we create are meaningful. Through this book, Robert Leet also reminds us that if we live to search for perfection, we may lack the imagination and understanding we require to perceive the reality of life.

I loved how the writer subtly brings out his themes like passion through the characters as they display unending love for what they are good at. Cheryl loves nature and exploring the lands, Louise is fascinated by underground tunnels and exploring abandoned places, Sheila is determined to succeed as a businesswoman, and Regina with her love of Physics. I also enjoyed the thrilling and informative concepts the writer conveys about quantum physics. The concepts are mingled with philosophical sentiments like awareness creates time. They left me thoughtful and marveling at the various alternatives reality can be perceived through physics. The writer also provided well-illustrated diagrams that make it easy to understand and follow the theories presented in the book, like the double-slit experiment. There was nothing I disliked about this book.

Robert Leet presents a vast knowledge in quantum physics and finds a perfect way to convey his ideas without throwing readers in turmoil. He executes a well-thought plot with exemplary figures of speech, including vivid descriptions. For example, the details of the Ron and Cheryl trips paint us a mental picture of the breathtaking encounter the two characters experience. The writer presents characters with distinctive attributes that make us enjoy reading the book. The book is also professionally well edited. That being said, I am happy to rate this book a merited 4 out of 4 stars.

This book is best suitable for readers who are passionate about physics and are carried away by quantum physics. The author delves into theories like quantum entanglement, Einstein's theory of relativity, and many more. However, I feel that people who enjoy a well-thought plot and appreciate themes like friendship, self-sacrifice, and career accomplishment would love the book. For example, it was delightful seeing Ron and Tom grow fond of each other when Ron had detested Tom when they shared an apartment, and Ron disliked how he lived his life.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oscar Barasa 1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oscar-barasa-1999.html
Latest Review: Trade Crash by Bruce Aitken and Ngosong Fonkem

Post by Oscar Barasa 1999 »

I love that this novel has a positive message to young people. Good review.
Earth Last

Post by Earth Last »

I have been following up with your reviews and I like how you break up some of the overlooked aspects of the book. I haven't read this book but this review made me want to. Keep it up!
Malenyadavid

Post by Malenyadavid »

I had to look up more your reviews after reading the previous one. Thank you for your recommendation I will read this book. I look forward to reading more of your reviews.
Masinde_

Post by Masinde_ »

I was confused by how the author changed the gender of Louise from male to female. He did not provide a detailed explanation about it either. I nonetheless enjoyed the book and it deserved the rating you gave it.
Venus Last

Post by Venus Last »

I love how your review points out the positive sides of the book. The book has a lot of insight. Keep it up.
Nyagar

Post by Nyagar »

A book about quantum physics is one I would love to read. Thank you for the recommendation.
muthamia

Post by muthamia »

Quitting your a marriage to pursue an interest in career seems like a difficult choice to make. I like how the review reflects on some of the decisions the protagonist had to make.
leon26

Post by leon26 »

I wish there was away of telling when you are making the wrong decisions in life. Your review points out some of the most relevant aspects of the book. Thank you.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”