Review of Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
feyre_westfall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feyre-westfall.html
Latest Review: The Demon of Reginhart by Penn Scripter

Review of Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)

Post by feyre_westfall »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Solaris Seethes by Janet McNulty is the first book of the Solaris Saga. The story is about Rynah who has her planet decimated by a greedy guy called Klanor. He wants to collect six crystals to create a weapon that can destroy all the universe. And Rynah is trying to prevent this to happen and save her planet in the process. But she is not alone on this adventure, she has de spaceship programmed by her grandfather to take care of her, Solaris, and others who will accompany her in her journey.

Solaris is one of the best things about this book although she is only a machine. She has a great personality and helps Rynah the best she can, doing the possible and the impossible. I really fall in love with her. She acts like a mother taking care of her children, she tries to show Rynah how to treat her colleagues who are helping the woman stop Klanor from building his weapon and controlling the universe and tries to make them all feel comfortable.

Other than Solaris, what I like a lot about this book is that it always happening some action, it does not have a lot of pages that the reader has to wait for something to happen. On every page there is another adventure, another misstep, another race. This makes reading the book so exciting.

And, the story is so alike to The Avengers Infinity War and The Avengers Endgame. Reading Solaris Seethes is like rewatching the movies but with diferents charaters and some other details that makes any Marvel’s fan ask themselves “maybe is this what is happening in one of the futures Doctor Strange saw?”. A lot of people may not like it, but I find this amazing.

What I don’t like about the book is Rynah, she is too selfish sometimes, everything has to be the way she wants it, or else she is going to do a scandal about it. And Klanor is a very stupid villain, he relies too much on his allies and on Rynah mistakes. He is not the type of villain you can understand, he is just seeking more power.

My rate to Solaris Seethes is 4 out of 4 stars, because the story that the book tells is amazing, well written and well planned. It is a very good story to be read, very easy and fluid writing.

I recommend this to anyone who loves Marvel, you are going to have an amazing experience. And if you like Star Wars, you will probably like this one too. And if you love sci-fi this book is a great choice for you.

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”