Review by BriennaiJ -- If life stinks get your head outt...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by BriennaiJ -- If life stinks get your head outt...

Post by BriennaiJ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts by Mark Wdowiak is an inspirational self-help novel that provides its readers with advice on how to motivate themselves to make real change in their lives. This book has around 32 chapters, and each chapter focuses on a specific area of the readers' lives that can be improved. 

I have to admit, I have never been into the whole idea of "self-help" books. I never wanted to be "told" how to live my life.  Wdowiak doesn't talk down to his readers but instead treats them as his equals. He even says that he didn't follow all of his own advice at every minute of his life. He wasn't a perfect person, and he only realized how to make his life easier after years of simply living. 

I had reached a point where I needed the motivation to keep up with my busy life and give 100% of my effort to everything I did, and this book gave me advice on how to do just that.

My favorite quote from this book was "If you do not value, appreciate, or take care of what you already have, then what good is getting anything more?" This is something that really resonated with me. I am a person that loves a sale, and I end up spending impulsively a lot more than I should. Then, my room becomes cluttered and the things I really care about are lost or broken. If I valued the things I already had and used them until they were used up, I would not have to worry about having an overabundance of useless things and very little cash.

The only point that I disagreed with the author on is the idea that everyone has the same opportunity to be successful. Sure, those who spend their days blaming all their problems on spouses or kids are just making excuses. But a person who is living in a house with two successful parents with enough money to send them to a boarding school and an expensive college is going to have an easier chance of becoming successful than someone who was born into less fortunate circumstances.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Despite the one thing that I disagreed with, this book had a lot of good points that I am going to use to improve my day-to-day life. I read the story in one sitting because it was so addictive! There were no grammar errors in this story that I noticed as I was reading and no formatting errors in my version of the ebook.

I would recommend this book to both people who enjoy self-help books and people who just enjoy reading and would like some motivation on how to succeed in everyday life.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BriennaiJ's review? Post a comment saying so!
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

BriennaiJ wrote: 17 Oct 2018, 15:54
The only point that I disagreed with the author on is the idea that everyone has the same opportunity to be successful. Sure, those who spend their days blaming all their problems on spouses or kids are just making excuses. But a person who is living in a house with two successful parents with enough money to send them to a boarding school and an expensive college is going to have an easier chance of becoming successful than someone who was born into less fortunate circumstances.
I agree with your view on this. We need to see the privileges one has before saying anyone can do anything. I've seen people work harder than anyone else but they still are not given equal opportunities. Thanks for this honest review! :tiphat:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

briellejee wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 08:24
BriennaiJ wrote: 17 Oct 2018, 15:54
I agree with your view on this. We need to see the privileges one has before saying anyone can do anything. I've seen people work harder than anyone else but they still are not given equal opportunities. Thanks for this honest review! :tiphat:
Thanks for commenting! I've seen people work hard too and get nothing out of it, all we can do is support them along their journey and hope that someday someone will notice their work.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”