Review by morde -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
morde
2017 Reading Goal: 500
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morde.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Review by morde -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by morde » 28 Aug 2017, 09:03

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Roadmap To The End Of Days is a non-fiction book whose author Daniel Friedmann, brings out his own ideologies concerning the biblical creation story, what each creation day designates in a more macroscopic level. The correlation existing between history, current times and the future in light to events that happened in the past and the prophecies ought to be fulfilled. The questions to be asked; is the route to the end of days at hand? Are we heading in the right direction? Does it really exist? This is a puzzle yet to be solved by the historians, our today’s scribes, scientists among other intellectuals.

It’s considered we, humans, are inside a glass maze. Where, we just circumnavigate as events keep repeating in different millennium and seasons and we start again from point zero. At times, we are inches of time close to the exit but we negotiate a wrong turn going back a fresh to the start. Until one stands above the maze and points out the specific points in time we got lost to give out direction; or to identify the current position we are, at present and shows our way out to the exit. Unless one stands up to play out that role, we ought to remain inside the glass maze for long. Thanks to him there is a clear cut distinction of historical timelines, only if we study the history well, a default pattern on how events occurred at certain years can be obtained and the roadmap to the end of days identified. He asks us to join him in his tale that is quite controversial and agree with his sentiments.

He cites examples of instances in time where the world could have ended but because of disobedience here we still are. Some are questionable, others may seem completely wrong but with deep insight and judgment, Friedmann could persuade you. To avoid any spoiler alert, its better the examples remain hidden.

Well, I confer with some of his statements that indeed these are the end times where the Messianic era is soon coming. It’s a time as humans we try as much as we can to achieve the cosmic purpose and as per the scriptures, God would hasten it (end times). The good deeds done by one man changes the weighing scale of humanity to the positive and can save the entire human race. With this, if we help each other, counsel the evil doers into doing good, indeed the Eternal would hasten it. Albeit, the fact that he says the human history is encompassed within 6000 years, that this world is meant to exist for this duration, and according to Biblical calendar currently its 5777 meaning humanity has 223 years left to end, is something I cannot agree with. From the Bible not even the Son knows the exact date of His coming but only The Father (The Divine).

I respect his efforts of many years of research to come up with this work, the citations from past scholars he gives and the information on Judaism and Islam is simply informative. The flow is organized, his argument authentic and controversial though at last he’s biased to his own findings. I would have preferred he lets the reader choose what to believe in. there were few typos in the beginning but all in all I enjoyed reading it. I will rate it 4 out of 4 stars, the difference in opinions doesn’t change the fact that this book is intriguing. Ill recommend it for the non-fiction/Christian type book lovers.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like morde's review? Post a comment saying so!

Mallory Whitaker
2017 Reading Goal: 35
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 74
Currently Reading: Outdoor Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: "OMG! We"re Pregnant" by Dr. Paul Peebles

Post by Mallory Whitaker » 02 Sep 2017, 09:14

Great review, Morde! I'm not sure if this is the book for me - I get freaked out by things about the "end of days". It gets my mind going in all sorts of unpleasant directions. But it sounds really good!

morde
Currently Reading:

Post by morde » 02 Sep 2017, 11:25

Yeah I can understand @ Mallory.

readandsmile
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley

Post by readandsmile » 02 Sep 2017, 11:30

you have a great review morde. That map seems interesting for I really wonder about the end of days although I believe that the world will come to an end. Thanks for your review. I like it.
READING is a healing.
=read and smile=

Christina Rose
Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 56
2017 Reading Goal: 49
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 8
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 63
Currently Reading: Guardian of Deceit
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: "Freeing Linhurst" by Al Cassidy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose » 02 Sep 2017, 11:38

I don't know if this book is for me, but I enjoyed your review. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

KlareAllison
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison » 02 Sep 2017, 13:43

The title of this book, Roadmap To The End Of Days, makes me curious. It will be interesting to know how Daniel Friedmann arrived at his calculation from the Biblical calendar which he claims leaves humanity 223 years before the end comes.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran

morde
Currently Reading:

Post by morde » 03 Sep 2017, 10:32

KlareAllison wrote:The title of this book, Roadmap To The End Of Days, makes me curious. It will be interesting to know how Daniel Friedmann arrived at his calculation from the Biblical calendar which he claims leaves humanity 223 years before the end comes.
Actually few have tried in the recent past to speculate when would the end times be but here we still are. Friedmann's calculation is yet to be confirmed by our future generations.

-- 03 Sep 2017, 10:33 --
Christina Rose wrote:I don't know if this book is for me, but I enjoyed your review. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
I appreciate your kind words Christina.

-- 03 Sep 2017, 10:38 --
readandsmile wrote:you have a great review morde. That map seems interesting for I really wonder about the end of days although I believe that the world will come to an end. Thanks for your review. I like it.
Sure the world will come to an end but the specific timeframe is still hidden maybe Friedmann's allegations are true or not. Thanks for your welcoming comment.

Amagine
Bookshelves Moderator
2017 Reading Goal: 400
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 45
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine » 04 Sep 2017, 21:43

This always seemed like an interesting book. I'll have to read it someday!

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown

Darakhshan Nazir
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Water Thicket than Blood. Fiction" by saundraterrell@comcast.net

Post by Darakhshan Nazir » 09 Sep 2017, 01:16

Seems like a book worth reading
Admirable review
"The night wasn't dark, it was her soul"
-Darakhshan Nazir

Zupanatural
Currently Reading: The Book of Strange New Things
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zupanatural.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Zupanatural » 17 Sep 2017, 15:18

When this was BOTD last week, I read the sample & the official review and didn't get it at all. Your well-written review gives me a much clearer picture & I can confidently say that I won't be reading it. The Bible was written by humans so I'm completely at a loss as to how anyone can attempt to interpret it in cosmic terms... incredible.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”