Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

R. F. Kristi is the author of the children's detective series Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula. In the series Diary of a Snoopy Cat, The Inca Cat Detective, this is the eighth volume. The children's book tells the tale of Inca, our witty and observant Siberian cat. Together with her animal companions, Inca manages the detective firm "Inca and Company". There are seven people in the detective agency. The agency's leader is Siamese Inca, and Cara is her sibling. Monk is a blue Russian cat, and Fromage is a tabby cat. The hamster Charlotte and the golden retriever Terrance are best pals. Polo is a young Pekinese dog. While Terrence lives with Solo, Inca and her sister Cara reside with their mother Missy.

The eighth volume of the series chronicles their trip to South Korea to introduce Missy's recently invented cheese. Be prepared to become involved in a case of stolen cheese, a perilous late-night rendezvous, and some covert border crossing activities. As you read this book, Kristi will undoubtedly make you fall in love with this charming detective agency.

I had fun reading this picture book for kids. The plot is well-written, not overly simplistic but still captivating, and is sure to keep the youngsters interested all the way through. For kids, the in-between illustrations are also highly imaginative and creative. In particular, I adore the writing style. Despite being a children's novel, the plot and dialogue are sophisticated. A kid would undoubtedly appreciate reading this tale.

The book is full of great things. Children will appreciate this cross-country mystery since Kristi took a plot and wrote it so brilliantly. I adore the fact that Kristi included interesting cultural facts along with the story. It is both interesting and educational. The author has successfully and amusingly taught the readers a little bit about Korean culture.

The story and writing have nothing to be disliked, although there are some editing mistakes. This book would have been excellent if they had been polished. I think this version has to go through another round of editing.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Even if there are mistakes, I don't think they're significant enough to detract from the overall quality of the book's text and illustrations. This book is ideal for young readers. Given that it is brief, simple to grasp, and filled with imaginative art, parents may read them this book. Everyone would like reading this unique detective novel because it is fascinating and has an interesting plot; there is no age restriction for readers.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”