Review of Love, Grandma

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Review of Love, Grandma

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Family is very important and essential. It is important for children to spend time with family members who love and cherish them. Those of us who had the privilege of growing up around grandparents know how special and heart-warming this is. Love, Grandma by Ann Morris is a book about a grandmother watching her granddaughters grow up. The author shares the fun they have together and all the exciting things they do. The story begins with the older granddaughter, Payton. She was the only one enjoying her grandma's company until her younger sister Haley was born.

The colourful nature of the book made it exciting and fun to read. The illustrations are superb, and the writing style was creative. The author uses rhymes to share this story of a grandmother interacting with her grandchildren. It gave the book a 'sing-a-long' feeling. In this short story, we watch the grandchildren grow up and begin doing more mature things with their grandmother.

This book was written in rhymes, but I found some words that didn't quite cut it. On page 12, the author tries to make 'dogs' rhyme with 'frogs' and on page 8, the word 'fun' was supposed to rhyme with 'mom'. These words didn't rhyme and threw off the rhythmic nature of the book just a little.

Love, Grandma is a vivid and inviting book. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It was exceptionally well edited, as I found no errors. I like the warm, childhood feeling that the book emits. It brought back memories of the childhood I had growing up.

Children of all ages would enjoy reading this book. It is both for the young and the young at heart. Parents could read this book to younger children, as some of the words might be challenging for them. This is an excellent bedtime story, or a read along in a library setting.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”