Review by Koyna -- The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Koyna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koyna.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Review by Koyna -- The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Koyna »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The MISOGI Method" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

MISOGI is a Japanese Shinto ritual to purify the soul and mind. In this ritual, people stand under a cold waterfall, wearing almost nothing. This way the Japanese try to rejuvenate. Today, however, MISOGI means something very different. It means trying something completely new, which has more than a 50% chance of failure. It is more than a ritual. It is a process. A MISOGI changes one’s outlook on problems and helps one grow. But most importantly, by attaining MISOGI people get to know themselves better.

I enjoyed reading this book. The author has explained the concept using powerful examples, some of which are the author’s own experiences in life. So even though the concept of MISOGI was new for me, I did not have a hard time understanding it. What I like the most about the book, is the format in which it is written. Every chapter has a clear goal, which brings us closer to our MISOGI. The goal involves some personal reflection. The writing space provided at the end of every chapter is handy and pushed me to start on my journey to attain a MISOGI. If the readers follow the author’s steps thoroughly, they will find themselves completing their first MISOGI by the time they reach the end of the book.

After I finished reading The MISOGI Method, I wasn’t completely contended. There are a few places where I feel the author leaves the readers wanting more. For example, she wrote about an incident where she came across a perfect-looking model. But then after a few days, she found a flaw in her too. What was the flaw? Well, she refuses to mention the flaw. This left me, as an audience, curious and dissatisfied. The content is focused and very informative - but do not expect any entertainment value from this book.

I will rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. The content is rich and hands-on, but once again the book is not a leisure read. The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller, can best be described as a guide to achieving one’s first MISOGI.

The book is exceptionally edited. I found no grammatical errors, which made my reading smooth. It does not contain any sexual content, only borderline profanity. I will recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a self-help book. It will benefit them greatly and give them the start they are looking for.

The MISOGI Method
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I think have to skip this one. But I like that it motivates readers to do more. Thank you for amazing review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”