Review by maxiphemmax -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
maxiphemmax
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maxiphemmax.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by maxiphemmax -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a...

Post by maxiphemmax »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi is the seventh instalment of the Inca book series. Even being a series, it can be read as a standalone book.

Inca, an excellent cat detective, and his furry family are on vacation on a beach island of Sri Lanka with their owner, who Inca always call Mom. Beautiful scenery and sunny weather made them all anticipate for an enjoyable time on this vacation. However, the news of a missing valuable sword in the museum stood in the way of their lined-up activities. Terrence and his owner, Solo, was called upon to investigate this theft.

Meanwhile, Inca has already begun his work of gathering evidence by making friends with the local animals. Rani the turtle and Meena, the baby elephant, already sprung to action. This method of his works like a charm. Will Inca detective agency and his animal confederacy help solve the theft of the national treasure?

Throughout the book, R.F. Kristi does a splendid job in creating an excellent, short, and fun story for the children. I love the heading as it comprehensively gives the details of the days and period of each event recorded in the book, thereby making it easy to follow. The characters are fantastic, and the plot is suspenseful. Also, the instant connection between Inca and mama leopard is perfect. Her kindness will serve as a lesson to children to put aside their indifference for the common goal of helping others. The book also has lovely pictures for quick illustration.

While I believe this will serve as a children's book, but the level of English used might require further explanation. I had to search a few words used in this book. Well, this might be a practical avenue for children to get used to a few English vocabularies.

Finally, the book is professionally edited with no grammatical error. The book is insightful, inspiring, humorous, and beautifully written. I could hardly find anything to dislike about the book. It is my pleasure to rate Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi four out of four stars. This book is best for all ages; adults or teenagers can read along to while away the time—the best for a bedtime story. Therefore, I recommend this book to all lovers of animals as well as people who love animation reads.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

I absolutely loved this book for little ones! It teaches the kids all about teamwork and the interesting locations and facts about Sri Lanka :) Thank you for your wonderful review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

I loved this adorable book. It has all the elements that a kids' book must have; the author has beautifully interwoven information with fun. Nice review.
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Post by Standor5865 »

I enjoyed following the mystery of the stolen swords and gold coins and the lessons conveyed in the story. This is a nice children's book.
Ballbender
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ballbender.html
Latest Review: Mother of Peace by Carol Klavon

Post by Ballbender »

Kids books are always lovely to read. Inca was an excellent detective and the development of the cat and dogs where also intriguing.
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

Sounds like a very nice read. I love that despite being the seventh in this series it can still be read as a standalone. Nice review!
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I've heard much about this book. I'll definitely check out this one. Great review
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

I like it that this book is standalone. I think that I might take a peek in it. Great review!
Rubbi
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubbi.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Rubbi »

First I like the choice of characters in the story. It's an interesting and entertaining book for the kids.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

A book of a team of animals who are detectives, it was so interesting. Reading how animals befriend each other really gave a smile on my face. Nice review.
Chickenwings00
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chickenwings00.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Chickenwings00 »

Another great story about Inca and her detective company. They all visit Sri Lanka for holiday.
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I enjoyed this book when I read it.Thanks for your lovely review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Chickenwings00
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chickenwings00.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Chickenwings00 »

This is an excellent book to ready. Inca and her family of cat detectives decided to visit sri Lanka on holiday. Good review.
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

Inca and 'her' furry friends... Take care of your reviews man! Other than that, good job on the review!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”