Review by busisiwe5754 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
busisiwe5754
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-busisiwe5754.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by busisiwe5754 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by busisiwe5754 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I enjoyed reading the book, it gave me a different perspective on how some men live around the world. This is an Autobiography about a group of four young men, they establish a tradition: every year, they take a week-long adventure trip together. They go hiking, biking, or kayaking, traveling all around the world. They call it their Man Mission , an annual ritual that they kept for fifteen years.

I the course of their travels, they hitch a ride with drug dealers in New Zealand, down kava, shots of Fijian beaches, come face-to-face with a roaring lion in South Africa, luxuriate in a resort intended only for Vietnamese Communist officials, trek to Machu Piccha, and go ice climbing in Iceland over the years, they get married, start families, establish careers and do all the stuff upright men are supposed to do.

But when challenges of real life come into conflict with the perfect lives they are supposed to be living, the yearly Man Mission becomes more than annual getaway. It is a source of stability and a place to find redemption. I like the words that the author, "for now I'm happy and tired. I've traveled a long way and my mission today is simple: to stay present in the moment, enjoying happiness with my loved ones. To stay in the present moment means that we have accepted that there is nothing we can do to change our past and our tomorrow is not promised.

I also like the fact that the author is a real family man. When he went to China, Shanghai, on a business trip, a middle aged Chinese woman, a masseuse, offered him a special offer, a blow job after the massage and he declined it by saying, "No, I don't want that, repeatedly, he also slammed the door behind her. As a reader and a woman, I have hope that there are still some real men in the world. Men who stand firm and protect their families against immorality.

I rate this book 4 out of 4, it was edited professionally. The only mistake was, "on the road the would dead end in about three miles, near the top" instead of saying "on the road there would be a dead end in about three miles.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”