Review by Wilkister94 -- The Lost Identity Casualties

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Wilkister94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilkister94.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Review by Wilkister94 -- The Lost Identity Casualties

Post by Wilkister94 » 25 May 2019, 14:17

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Lost Identity Casualties" by Kim Ekemar.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar is the first book in the Callaghan Tetralogy series. The book is about the mystery that surrounds the situation that Matthias Callaghan is in. Coming out of the coma, he finds himself tied to a hospital bed, wrapped in bandages suffering from amnesia. As he recovers, he discovers that he was mutilated and that led to him undergoing a full face transplant while being comatose. He spends months in solitary depression using his intelligence to plot revenge after his release from the hospital.

He later uses his new identity to revenge on the five people who caused him the loss of his identity and privileged life. He wanted them to suffer as he did. The five people included his father for mismanaging and abusing his inheritance and his former business partner, Allan, for using his father's name as a scapegoat not considering the fact that his ex-partner's name, Matthias Callaghan, was identical to his father's.

Crime thrillers are not my cup of tea but the title of the book intrigued me to read this book. Actually, I didn't know what I have been missing until I gave this book a try. It was beyond what I expected. After reading it my eyes were opened to a whole new genre that I have been scared of for a long time.

I liked this book because the plot was engaging and thus keeps one having the urge to read on and on nonstop. Second, the characters were well- developed and so they kept the flow of the story more interesting. I, however, did not like the fact that the book had an extremely graphic description of how the main character, Matthias Callaghan, was tortured because some readers might find that so disturbing even though it did not stop me from enjoying the book because The Lost Identity Casualties was interesting.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because the story was flowing and the twists in it kept me wanting to read on and on to know what happens next. Second, the storytelling was so engaging and so it kept me motivated to read ahead. Third, the book had plenty of mystery and suspense that made me not to get bored while reading. I, however, did not give the book 4 out of 4 stars because the book had minor issues of grammar and punctuation. I recommend this book to those who love intriguing mystery thrillers with a unique and great plot.

The Lost Identity Casualties
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Wilkister94's review? Post a comment saying so!
Look where you want to go in life, not at where you don’t want to go.
Rob White

Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 » 07 Jun 2019, 08:26

It sure looks like you enjoyed this book. So, welcome to the world of crime thrillers. This definitely is something I will enjoy. So, I'll make sure to read it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Wilkister94
Currently Reading:

Post by Wilkister94 » 09 Jun 2019, 11:23

Hiruni Bhagya 81 wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 08:26
It sure looks like you enjoyed this book. So, welcome to the world of crime thrillers. This definitely is something I will enjoy. So, I'll make sure to read it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Thank you for your comment
Rob White

Kister Bless
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 28
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 36
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless » 13 Jun 2019, 08:24

I read and enjoyed this book too. Nice review.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.

Wilkister94
Currently Reading:

Post by Wilkister94 » 13 Jun 2019, 10:02

Kister Bless wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 08:24
I read and enjoyed this book too. Nice review.
Thank you for your comment.
Rob White

diana lowery
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 47
Currently Reading: My grandmother asked me to tell you she's sorry
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by diana lowery » 13 Jun 2019, 10:22

I also read this book and enjoyed seeing it through your eyes. I agree with you about the grammar errors, too.

CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 75
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 110
2017 Reading Goal: 6
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 183
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Fueling Change: The Once and Future Kansas City by Twyla Dell
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo » 16 Jun 2019, 11:50

This book isn't my cup of tea, but I'm glad that it kept you on the edge of your seat. Hopefully the author strikes up a relationship with a good editor before they publish the rest of the series.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”