Cover for A Little Lost A Little Found

The First Ten Focus Group Feedback for A Little Lost A Little Found

Because A Little Lost A Little Found was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted members have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book as a part of purchase-intent focus group. We then asked each participant in the focus group if they planned to buy and read the book, and why they planned to buy and read the book or not. Their answer to that question and reasons are displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten Focus Group.

Keep in mind, the responses from the members are not reviews. This is purchase-intent focus group which means the participants are people who have NOT yet bought or read your book. A purchase-intent focus group is an important and extremely useful marketing tool for any product, not just books. For other products, you might walk on the street and show people an item in a package and poll them about whether they would buy if or $X or not. These kind of focus groups are one of the ways big marketing companies find the ideal price points for products and test the effectiveness of different packaging. The focus group can help you identify your market so you how to target ads of your book, and it can (but may not) provide you new useful info about your "packaging" (e.g. your book cover, your book synopsis on Amazon, etc.). The point of the focus group comments is to give you information from people who have not bought or read your book about why they plan to buy your book which will help you in marketing the book. These are not reviews or critiques of your book because they are not from people have read the book. This is a marketing tool, not reviews. The trick of book marketing and book advertising is that you have to convince people who have not read your book yet that your book is worth buying and reading. For marketing, it doesn't matter much if people love your book after reading it if you cannot convince potential buyers before they read it that they will love it.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable. This is because we only poll about 20 or so readers, and all readers have to say "no" to almost all books. Over a million books are published each year. Even a very active reader cannot come close to even reading 1% of books out there.

This is also why publishing books is such a tough industry.

Mercelle

Judging by the cover, I wasn't drawn to read this book, and the OBC review discouraged me even further when it mentioned that this is a story about a love triangle involving two friends. Upon reading the first ten pages, I liked how Lucy stood up to her bullies and that Jace helped her and her when she was cornered and scared. As I noticed no grammatical errors, I'll conclude that the text underwent professional editing, but I won't read the rest of the book because I didn't find the story appealing. As it is, there's nothing I would change about the bit I read.

First Ten review added on August 17, 2018, at 4:56 am by Mercelle.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Alice Heritage

I wouldn't have sampled this without the programme as I know some of this author's other books, which aren't really my cup of tea. I also won't buy and read it on the basis of the first ten pages because those did not sustain my interest. This is clearly not professionally edited as I noticed multiple errors - with apostrophes like "twin sister eyes" and "the Shubert's family bloodline", as well as typos like "the same feature" and "titled her head". I liked the descriptions of Lucy's strength of character best - she was not going to cry and was ready to fight. The editing could be improved; apart from the errors, "fizzy hair" seemed overused as a description. It also seemed odd that Lucy wasn't told the truth about her father, but odd, too, that a child would be bullied for being adopted. Maybe these are plot points, however. I didn't see an OnlineBookClub review; this didn't affect my decision.

First Ten review added on August 17, 2018, at 3:32 am by Alice Heritage.

Annelore Trujillo

I would not have sampled this book based on the Amazon blurb and the fact that there was not an OBC review for it. I like romance books but I don't generally buy books that don't have a review. After reading the first ten pages, I won't be buying this book. I noticed errors right away, which really turned me away from the book. For example, "his twin sister eyes" should be "his twin sister's eyes", and "titled her head up" should be "tilted her head up". There were several errors other than just these two that made me think the book had not been edited. I don't like to purchase books that aren't edited. I also didn't like the vulgar language used in the book. Once in a while is okay with me, but I thought the curse words were overused. I also didn't like that Mary and Stacy were overly sexualized by the masked man. It just isn't my cup of tea. I was kind of curious as to what would happen to the twin who was kidnapped, but not enough to finish the book.

First Ten review added on August 17, 2018, at 12:20 am by Annelore Trujillo.

Kat Berg

I typically do not read Romance novels (although I like other genres that have a mild romantic aspect to them). And upon reading the sample this has immediately book has five variations of the word "fuck" within on paragraph. It is just exhausting. And gratuitous. And it is always some sort of violent nature toward women, which is especially disappointing if the author is a woman (which I am not sure of). I appreciate the attempts to write about the discomfort of a young girl that doesn't quite fit because of her skin color and hair texture, but the thought process of the young Lucy just doesn't quite ring true. This is particularly true as the child ages. 10-year-old Lucy sounds almost the same as 8-year-old Lucy, but there is a significant cognitive difference between those two ages. It could use a little more editing. For example: "The buxom bottled-blond shot her eyebrows up..." would be easier to read with a comma after "buxom." There are a few more instances like this, although they are sporadic enough that it is possible it was professionally edited, these just fell through the cracks. I will not be reading this book. It did not capture my interest enough to get past my dislike of the genre. Thankfully, after the first couple of pages, the language calmed down a bit, so it isn't quite as potty-mouthed as was initially apparent, which was a relief. I did not find a review of this book. If the author were to take a little more time with the vignettes of Lucy and Jace as they age, it would be easier to care about the characters. (Yes, I know that a certain amount of haste is necessary, as that is not the focus of the book, just the setup, yet it FEELS rushed, like a bunch of information is just barely covered with a story and then shoved at you to get it out of the way.

First Ten review added on August 17, 2018, at 12:03 am by Kat Berg.

KRay93

The illustration on the cover is well conceived taking into account the blurb, but the typography and the use of colors in both the title and the name of the author are somewhat misguided. The first ten pages open with the disappearance of the protagonist's father, followed by the description of a few key moments in her childhood as she grew up. The prose is quite fluid, while the editing work looks acceptable. While there is no official review, I have already had the opportunity to read a book by this author. Unfortunately, both the genre and her work are not exactly of my preference, which is why I will not continue reading this book.

First Ten review added on August 16, 2018, at 9:19 pm by KRay93.

JuliaKay

I like the colors of the cover but not the pictures. There just seems to be too much gone. I do like the title, and it makes me want to know more. The blurb and the reviews for this book were favorable and described mystery and a love triangle. This is not usually a genre that I choose to read, however, and I would not have chosen to sample this book if it were not for this program. The sample begins with the first years of Lucy Littles' life and mentions that she does not have a good relationship with her birth father, who is a singer. Her best friend is Jace Hall, and her sister is in love with him. It is hard to get a good grasp of exactly where the story is going from the first ten pages, and they were not very interesting. I noticed a few errors. "The six-months-old were not identical" should have been "the six-month-olds were not identical" the author used the word hush rather than hushed when it should have been the latter. I do not think this book has been professionally edited. My biggest issue was that there was nothing that drew me in and made me want to read more. I will not be reading the rest of this book.

First Ten review added on August 16, 2018, at 5:40 pm by JuliaKay.

Bianka Walter

I struggled to get through the sample of this book. The errors were so numerous, that I found it very hard to ignore them. The first was in the second line. "The six-months-old were not identical," should read, "The six-month-olds were not identical." Apart from the misplaced commas, spelling errors, missing words, and all-around bad grammar, I found the story awkward and unappealing. It actually made me cringe in a few places. I found the prologue to be crass, and distasteful. When speaking about innocent children the way these people were, it puts an instant bad taste in my mouth. I also didn't warm too much to Lucy, I thought she was one-dimensional. I don't think I would have read this book without the first ten program, and now that I've sampled it, my mind hasn't changed. The errors in the sample alone were excessive to the point of being distracting. For this reason, I will not be reading this book.

First Ten review added on August 16, 2018, at 3:57 pm by Bianka Walter.

Snowflake

The cover has a bit too much going on for me but the colours and tone are good. The way the title is organized made me have to think about it a bit. The title is good and matches in well with the name of the main character, Lucy Little. I found the Amazon blurb to be confusing and too long. I did not expect to find the book well written after reading the blurb. I was pleasantly surprised that the writing of the book was much better than that of the blurb. There were still grammar and typo errors but the story flowed well and was interesting. An example of a grammar error/missing word is, “There was no questioning it was number one she was listening to.”. I think this book could use a final professional edit. I liked learning about Lucy and Jace as they grew up in the first part of the book. Lucy’s sister Emily was rather overdramatic but I guess some teenagers are. I’m not so sure about the whole love triangle thing, they are not my favourite thing to read about but I am curious about how things work out with Lucy and her birth father and whether or not they find her brother. I found the section with Lucy and her sisters a bit repetitive but I also enjoyed their characters. Although, I really think this book could use further editing, it is interesting and the characters are well developed. I plan to purchase and read the rest of this book at some point.

First Ten review added on August 16, 2018, at 3:01 pm by Snowflake.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

Samantha Simoneau

Prior to sampling the book, I already don't like the look of it. I love a good romance novel, but I don't like the ones that lean more toward erotica or sensationalism. The cover immediately makes me think this is going to be too graphic for my tastes. The blurb is terribly written. There shouldn't be a comma after "Little." There appears to be a word or two missing from this sentence: "Jace Neilis torn up with his own less substantial but equally worrying problems." The second-to-last sentence is phrased as a question but doesn't end with a question mark. This doesn't bode well for the editing quality of the book itself. Also, the names are ridiculous and remind me of an over-the-top soap opera. The 4 customer reviews are all positive, but I'm guessing those people and I probably don't enjoy the same kind of romance novels. Now for the sample. Uh oh, first page: "The six-months-old were not identical." That should be "six-month-olds." There should be a comma between "fair" and "but." There should be a comma between "mother" and "while." In the phrase "while his twin sister eyes," it should be "twin sister's eyes." There should be a comma between "over" and "from." There should not be a comma between "hair" and "to." There should be a comma between "skin" and "while." The phrase "part African American" should be hyphenated because it precedes and describes the noun. That's 8 errors in the first paragraph. I can already tell that this would be too distracting for me to enjoy the book even if it is a wonderful romance. "Baby blue" should be hyphenated. "Feature" should be plural. Okay, I'm done. I wouldn't read this book if it was free - not until it undergoes professional editing. It's peppered with various errors that I find really interrupt my reading flow and make it difficult to become immersed in the story. I'll pass.

First Ten review added on August 16, 2018, at 1:42 pm by Samantha Simoneau.

Heidi M Simone

Without this program, I would not have sampled this book. Personally, I cannot read steamy and/or "luscious" stories. In general, the cover seems too busy, the title is fine, and the blurb gives a sense of what the book will be about. Though I am confused if Lucy is with and/or attracted to either Jace or Richard. Also, the word, "lucious" is misspelled; I believe the author meant, "luscious". The positive customer ratings and lack of an OBC review do not affect my opinion of the book. Based on what I read, the book could use another round of editing. For instance, the television program, "The Grammy Award" should be "The Grammy Awards". Kidnapping a baby boy does raise some questions, which is always good way to open a book in this fashion. I also like learning about Lucy's struggle with her parentage at a young age. The teasing from other kids, the confusion of her different skin color, and the one person who has always been there for her, Jace, even when he had a girlfriend at the age of seventeen, are all good background building. However, I did feel the time jumps made the writing seem a bit choppy. Also, when present day came, at first, I was confused who were Emily and Cat. In general, I will not be reading the rest of the book as I do not take pleasure in reading stories about love triangles.

First Ten review added on August 16, 2018, at 12:15 pm by Heidi M Simone.

bookowlie

I wouldn't have sampled this book without First Ten, based on the erotic-looking cover and the romance/love triangle mentioned in the summary. This type of subject matter is not my cup of tea. The Amazon blurb is not edited well since I noticed two errors - a spelling error (should be luscious) and a missing word (should be Jace Neilis was torn up). The word choices in the blurb (burn of desire, lustful, and luscious) gave me the sense that the story would be erotic and I don't care for these types of stories. The sample was also not my taste as the f-word was overused (at least six times) in the first two pages. I also found the beginning disturbing with someone trying to kidnap one of the twins and the twins' mother's sister being in on it. There are at least two errors in the sample - 1) the phrase should be the six-month-olds were (referring to two babies), not the six-months-old were; and 2) incorrect punctuation between the dialogue and Laughed Jack - there should be a comma, instead of a period, after adopted and Laughed should not be capitalized. Based on the plot summary and sample, I am not interested in reading further due to my reading preferences.

First Ten review added on August 16, 2018, at 9:21 am by bookowlie.

Cristina Chifane

Since I was not impressed by the cover and this book seemed like just another romance, I would not have sampled it without the first ten program. Although I liked the title, the Amazon blurb quickly confirmed my first impression about the typical plot of a romance. With no editorial reviews and only 4 customer reviews, only the sample could have actually made me change my mind. I have noticed some editing errors such as the missing commas in the following sentences: "What are you afraid of darlin? You and me, we're all here alone." I did not enjoy reading the beginning because it threw me much too abruptly into a world of jealousy and darkness. The first scene in the prologue lacks credibility. It is hard to believe that Stacy and her lover find the time to have sex when they are on the verge of kidnapping a baby. However, I think the author did a good job in portraying Lucy's confusion when discovering her real father was Knyte Starr and not Patrick Little, the man she has known to be her father. On the whole, the sample was a pleasant surprise, though. Lucy and Jace's love story develops gradually and the writer's style is is quite smooth. I'll not be reading the book, but fans of romances might be in for a treat.

First Ten review added on August 16, 2018, at 4:32 am by Cristina Chifane.

Chelsy Scherba

I have mixed feelings about this book, so it’s probably not my cup of tea. I get that Stacy and her kidnapper pal are not the nicest people, but I didn’t like all the F-bombs and the discussion of being intimate around two babies. It made me want to hurl. In general, I like the plot. One jealous twin wants to kidnap her sister’s baby because she wanted the flashy musician’s life and didn’t get it because Knyte didn’t choose her. It’s a great setup with lots of room to play creatively. Overall, the writing is good, but there are a few errors in grammar in just the first section of chapter one. There should be an apostrophe in “darlin’” since the “g” is omitted. I like the cover image and the creative title; it definitely caught my eye and made me curious, but I’m afraid the content is a little too raunchy for me right now.

First Ten review added on August 16, 2018, at 4:05 am by Chelsy Scherba.

Mely918

I don't think I would have been particularly interested in this novel based on the cover art and title. Reading the first ten pages did little to change my mind. Even though I do like some thrills and excitement, I'm not a big fan of the romance genre. This book seems to be primarily that. Lucy Little is a fascinating character. I would like to know how she manages to solve her love triangle problem later on in the book. I also like some of the plot elements, such as the one in which a twin brother is kidnapped from his cradle as a baby. I am slightly curious as to what happens to that baby afterwards. I also did not catch any grammatical errors, which was good to see. There was no review for this book. I probably will be giving this book a pass simply because it's not the kind of book I'm looking to read at the moment.

First Ten review added on August 16, 2018, at 12:13 am by Mely918.

Kendra M Parker

I do enjoy a good romance novel now and then, but this particular cover seemed a little bit amateur. As a result, I tend to view books with a cover that feels that way with some trepidation and I rarely wind up purchasing them. I did not see an official review on this book, so I have no real information about it. I found quite a few errors in the first ten pages. One example on the first page was where it says, “...his twin sister eyes...” should have been “...twin sister’s eyes...”. There were other issues where the wrong form of a word was chosen and one where “titled” was written instead of “tilted.” Right away, this shows me that this is not a book I have any interest in reading. To compound the issue, there was quite a bit of strong language between Stacy and the kidnapper, which did not endear the book to me. If there is a truly valid point to it, I can overlook it, but mostly I prefer to avoid the strong language. Overall, this is not a book that I will actually read.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 9:23 pm by Kendra M Parker.

FictionLover

I would not have chosen to sample or read this book based on the cover or the title. It is very obviously a Romance and I do not read romance. So, no blurb or review would have changed my mind. I was very happily surprised with the 'hook' of a kidnapping of a baby. I love a mystery, but once you mention glowing golden eyes, or six-pack abs, I check out. I am not going to read it. . . . This book needs editing and proofreading. There were misspelled words: Nery instead of Nerdy, Remanence instead of Remanent, t shirt instead of t-shirt. I noticed one extra line space and a period before the first word in a paragraph instead of at the end of the last sentence of the paragraph before. . . . I liked the mystery aspect and the family dynamic as they eat breakfast. I also like the idea of toast slathered with butter and strawberry jam. . . . I don't know what could be improved. I would say, stop mentioning hair and eyes and who's in love with who, but then it wouldn't be a romance.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 8:32 pm by FictionLover.

lavellan

I probably would have not read A Little Lost A Little Found if it had not been a part of The First Ten program. There wasn't a Book of the Day review and I have not heard good things about the author's other works. The book seemed like it was professionally edited, but I noticed a possible mistake. Lucy's hair was referred to as fizzy when I believe that the author should have used 'frizzy". I enjoyed how the author described the turmoil Lucy felt regarding her birth father and her non-European features. I would have liked to have learned why Starr left Lucy's mother. I also thought that a reaction should have been included toward Blaze's disappearance. As a result of this and my lack of interest in the premise, I will not be reading the rest of the book.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 8:27 pm by lavellan.

kfwilson6

The Amazon summary of this book is incredibly confusing and poorly written. Considering I heavily rely on the blurb of a book to determine if I am interested in it, this is a major downfall to me. The lack of an official OBC review for this book didn't help either. From what I gathered about the storyline, I wouldn't be interested in A Little Lost A Little Found anyway since I don't care to read about love triangles and don't usually like books that tend to center around a lot of relationship drama.
After reading the sample, I can say I struggled to even read ten pages and will not be reading further. This book was clearly not professionally edited, if it was edited at all. There are two missing commas in the first paragraph, I've never heard of hair being referred to as fizzy, and instead of saying she tilted her head, she titled her head. Not to mention the fact that the vulgarity starts in right at chapter one with the constant use of the F word. I don't care to read books where the author is so liberal with curse words. I didn't find myself interested in what was happening in the first ten pages at all, but it was quite hard to see past the lack of editing and the vulgarity. I will definitely be passing on this book as even the best story is easily lost in poor editing.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 8:12 pm by kfwilson6.

revna01

Romance is not my ideal genre, so I didn't expect to want to read this book. Reading the first ten pages did not change my mind. I was put-off by the curse words and raunchy sexual themes. I do not believe the book was professionally edited, noting more than one error, an example of which is "six-months-old" when it should have read, "six-month-olds," since twins were being discussed. The story opens with Stacy Shubert (still angry and jealous that Knyte Starr chose her twin sister over her) and her lover kidnapping Mary and Knyte's baby. One twin was left behind. We then begin to follow a young Lucy Little and her developing friendship with Jace. The author does a nice job of capturing the reader's interest with the prologue, then transitions easily into Lucy's storyline. I think the title and cover are appropriate for the genre. The Online Book Club review gave it 3 stars, and was certainly not compelling in making a case for this book. Having no affinity for the "F" word or explicit material, I will not be pursuing this book.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 6:25 pm by revna01.

CrescentMoon

After reading the blurb, I wouldn't pick this book up. I don't like reading pure romance novels and love triangles aren't my thing. Also the blurb was kind of confusing. It said Jace was going to marry his sister and at first I thought it was his own sister when it was actually Richard's sister from my understanding so I think it needs to be worded better. After reading the first ten pages, I didn't see any spelling or grammar errors. I like how the introduction set up Lucy's life as a child and progressively as she gets older. It highlights her feelings about her family, her baby brothers and her friends. I think it's a good Segway to how she forms relationships with Jace and Richard. However, I wasn't hooked. I found it quite boring and I think it's mostly because this genre just doesn't interest me. But I'm sure romance lovers would like this.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 6:13 pm by CrescentMoon.

micoleon13

There's quite a lot going on in this cover page, but it still catches the eye. I was curious as to what the story was about. Unfortunately, there was no OnlineBookClub review to sway me either way. The pages which I read had a couple of spelling mistakes "feature" instead of "features", "ebon" instead of "ebony". While the story has an interesting start with Stacey kidnapping her sister's son, spelling mistakes in writing make it difficult for me to read. I will not be continuing to read this book and I would recommend another go through with the editor.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 5:05 pm by micoleon13.

Mary WhiteFace

The title and cover reflect that the book is a romance. The blurb and customer reviews revealed it to be a complex love triangle, with a dash of suspense and intrigue to make it interesting. I just happen to be in the mood for a good romantic read, so even without the First 10 program, I would have wanted to sample "A Little Lost A Little Found".

The first ten pages were interesting. The bit I read was set in the time when Jace and Lucy were children. I liked when he stood up for her when the bullies were picking on her at the party. (location 106). I also liked how the narrative started in the past, and each chapter made a leap in time.

I do not believe the book was professionally edited. I noticed quite a few missing commas, and at least one misspelled word.

The word 'titled' should be changed to 'tilted': "She held tighter to her mama’s hand and titled her head to stare up at her wondering if she noticed the odd stares Lucy was getting." (location 80)

The only improvement suggestion I have is for a round of editing. The writing style and premise are good. I will be adding the book to my reading list to read in the near future. There was no Official OnlineBookClub Review. The lack of one did not affect my decision.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 4:48 pm by Mary WhiteFace.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample I would not have read the book; I am not a huge fan of books that are just romance. After reading the sample, I have changed my mind. The book seems a bit too explicit for my tastes at certain points in dialogue, but overall I really liked the descriptive writing style. The line "It was time to puncture a hole in their fool's paradise" was very engaging and visually engaging. I also really liked how the author wrote the narrative of the eight-year-old, which sounded very authentic. It was professionally edited. I did not read the official review but that did not affect my decision.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 4:16 pm by psychopathycathy.

ritah

Based on the cover and genre, I would have sampled the book because it captured my attention, and I often enjoy books in this genre. I didn't see an official review of A Little Lost A Little Found. I like that within the first few pages, I got to understand the motives behind the kidnapping of Lucy's brother, Blaze, it left me wondering if he'll ever be reconciled with his family especially when the narrative fast-forwarded to several years later, and he still wasn't in the picture. The book appears to be professionally edited as I didn't spot any obvious errors in the pages I read. I will be reading the rest of the book because I found the narrative interesting. I'm also curious to find out what's in store for Lucy and Jace.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 4:07 pm by ritah.

Sarah_Khan

I love the title of this book, but I think the cover looks a bit messy. The blurb was confusing, it felt like a lot of names were being thrown around. The first ten pages were professionally edited. The beginning was a bit over dramatic, with the kidnapping of the baby boy. Lucy seems like a relatable character with her insecurities about looking different. I would have liked to see an OBC review to get more information about the plot. I will not be buying this book today because the first few pages did not interest me enough and this book is part of a series, which I am not ready to commit to.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 3:50 pm by Sarah_Khan.

Kristy Khem

The sultry cover design immediately piqued my interest. The blurb was also intriguing, so I would choose to read this book. The sample started off on an interesting note as the twins’ aunt was revealed to be the one behind the kidnapping. I was curious to find out what happened to the kidnapped twin and I wanted to find out more. However, the story jumped to snippets from the future, when Lucy, the other twin, grows up. I really enjoyed the cute scenarios between Lucy and her childhood friend, Jace. On one instance he protected her against bullies. Even as they grew into teenagers, the author wrote about romantic moments and thoughts they had for each other. I would definitely buy this book since I liked the sample. I did not see an official review, but it is a book which still appealed to me. In my opinion, the book was edited professionally since I did not find any errors in the sample.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 3:25 pm by Kristy Khem.

MsTri

Even though the cover for "A Little Lost A Little Found" is attractive enough, I could also tell that the book is of a genre I do not read; the so-so title didn't help either. The Amazon synopsis only confirmed my initial thoughts, and I didn't read any reviews since OBC didn't have one featured. Upon reading the sample, I found that it seems to be professionally edited, and even though it's not my kind of book, I don't have any suggestions for changes. The one part I did like was the scene where Jace stood up for Lucy when the other kids were picking on her at the party.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 11:52 am by MsTri.

OloladeO

The cover of the book is very attractive and would pull you in to read more about the book, plus I enjoyed the sample I read. It was clearly hard for Lucy Little to discover that the life she led was not hers. She found out her real name was Luxy Ara Starr and she had a twin that was kidnapped when she was a few months old. I would really love to know how she and Jace would play out as she has unacknowledged feelings for him. The book seems professionally edited as I did not find any error in the bit that I read. I think the book is perfect as I'm already in love with the storyline being a romance genre fan. The book doesn't have an OnlineBookClub review but that doesn't change the way I feel about the book. I am certainly adding this to my To-Read list!

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 11:45 am by OloladeO.

lesler

Had I not sampled the book and just looked at the cover, I would have chosen to not read it, as romance novels do not interest me at this time. Upon sampling the book, I liked it okay, but not enough to keep reading. The main character Lucy seemed too whiny for me to connect with her. I think this book is professionally edited, but I did notice one error. On the first page, it reads: "the Grammy Award flickered live on screen." I liked the development of the different storylines, especially Knyte Starr and the kidnapping of Blaze, Lucy's twin brother. I did not like how whiny Lucy appeared to be, without life direction and only a focus on her best friend. She will develop I'm sure, but I didn't have the patience for her.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 10:52 am by lesler.

Nelsy Mtsweni

The cover of the book asks a lot of questions. It is attractive in that way. I definitely would have chosen the book and read it. Having read the sample, I am not going to read the book. The book uses a lot of words that I regard as vulgar language, for example, the F-word. I liked the romance that is fully infused in the book. I liked how the author made Knyte ( a famous rock-star legend in the making), marry Mary, whose sister (Stacy) had feelings for Knyte. This already gives an anticipation that Knyte and Stacy might be together somewhere in the book! I like such romance stories, and how they come to be. It is just a pity that I would not be able to discover much of the romance in this book, because of the author's language choice. I also did not recognize any editorial errors. Thanks.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 10:48 am by Nelsy Mtsweni.

Laura Ungureanu

"A Little Lost A Little Found" is a romance book centered on a love triangle between friends. The book opens with the story of the Schubert twins, Mary and Stacy. Stacy was in love with Knyte Starr, but Mary caught his attention. Now, Stacy decided to steal one of their twin babies. Eight years later, Lucy Little is wondering why she doesn't look like her parents. I found a lot of grammar mistakes, most of them are missing commas. I will write here the first mistake I found:"his twin sister eyes were amber". I think it should be "sister's eyes". I don't like romance books, so I wouldn't have picked this one up without the program. The cover is not for my taste but I like the title. The sentences were a little too long for my taste. I was sometimes confused by what was happening because of the sentences. Because I don't like this kind of books, I will say no to this one.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 10:11 am by Laura Ungureanu.

Scerakor

From the cover, blurb, and description of this book I would not have read it. I’m not a reader of romance and there was nothing specific that I saw which would have interested me in picking it up. After reading the first ten pages, I didn’t change my mind, and therefore will not be buying and reading the rest of this book. As previously mentioned, I don’t read this genre and nothing within the first ten pages convinced me that I should come out of my comfort zone and read a genre that doesn’t interest me. That being said, I did like how the prologue expertly gave a summary of Lucy’s life, family, relationships and desires growing up in such a short period of time. Between having two “fathers”, to her parents’ singing careers, to the attraction she held for friends, this perfectly initiated the reader prior to getting into the meat of the story. As well, the book, from the sample that I read, did look well written and edited. The lack of an official review did not affect my decision at all.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 9:57 am by Scerakor.

cpru68

The opening pages of this gave me a mixed reaction. While the storyline of the twin being kidnapped was a good one, the thrown in sexual part of it seemed forced and unnecessary. Mary’s sister is out for revenge, so having the twin boy kidnapped showed her jealousy and dark heart. The sexual part of it and going onward took the writing for me to shallow and amateur waters. I understand that sex sells books, but it would be nice to see this one be more about the storyline and leave that to the side more. Having Lucy “walk” in on her long time friend and finding him in bed with someone and suggesting he has an “active...life” at 13, seemed more fantasy than reality. This part again felt forced and unnecessary. I get that a love triangle is in the making, but all of it seemed a bit rushed in the opening pages. And this is why I don’t usually read novels labeled as romance because so often, the author leans on the sexual aspect of things when the storyline is not holding together. It’s to keep readers reading even though the plot has long lost its luster. I did think initially this book wasn’t going to go in this direction so quickly, but it did within the first few pages. I did not detect any errors in the portion I read. I would have probably enjoyed the storyline without the “romance” however, I am passing on this as I have no interest in it.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 9:40 am by cpru68.

desantismt_17

Neither this book’s title nor description interested me. I’ve read some samples from the author’s previous work that I didn’t enjoy, which biased my perspective. Still, I went into this with an open mind, even if this isn’t my kind of romance book. Before sampling, I wasn’t interested in reading. After sampling, I’ll still pass. The book does not appear professionally edited. There were many missing commas, and at the beginning of chapter one, the word “tilted” is misspelled as “titled,” among similar errors. This book could have also benefitted from another proofread. The text feels repetitive, especially in the prologue where Stacy’s debating about taking one of the children. This should be a lengthy decision, but her thoughts feel more like a rehash than an internal argument. There are also instances of the same word used multiple times in one sentence. An example comes at the beginning of chapter one: “her fizzy head of golden brown hair staring confusedly at the kids staring back at her.” It seems like the author captured tension well, but I was too bogged down in the repetitive writing and poor editing to really assess. I didn’t see an OnlineBookClub.org review, but one would likely not have changed my mind.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 9:06 am by desantismt_17.

LV2R

The book cover and title attracted me and I read the Amazon Blurb to find out more about the book. I wanted to read the sample and after reading the first ten pages, I wanted to read the whole book. The book starts out with the kidnapping of Lucy’s twin brother, Blaze, by a man and Lucy’s mom’s sister, Stacy. I want to keep reading to know why Stacy is so jealous of her sister, Mary and kidnaps her son, just because Knyte Starr married Mary. Is there more to that story? I like the introduction of Lucy and Jace being friends. I liked best, the part when Jace rescued Lucy from being bullied by a crowd of kids. Their friendship is from their childhood. The book seems to be well edited, but I did find one misspelled word on location 78 “… titled her head….” It should be tilted her head. There was no OBC review on this book, but it did not affect my decision to want to read the book. However, I do enjoy reading the OBC reviews.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 8:30 am by LV2R.

Fu Zaila

Romance isn’t a genre I usually read, and the book cover looked steamy and erotic, so I was dreading the book. The prologue confirmed my suspicions. I found a few typos right in the first page, like, “The six-months-old were not identical.” and “..while his twin sister eyes were amber”.

Frequent uses of an offensive term threw me off, and the book seemed like it was intended towards mature readers. However, I sensed a real story building up after I started the first chapter. The writing got better after the prologue too. Little Lucy learning about her long-lost-twin and her real father was an interesting turn. I didn’t like Stacy at all, but I’m wondering if she is the one who’s raising Lucy. In short, I’m curious! If the book didn’t have many erotic scenes, I would’ve read the book. Unfortunately, heavy romance and steamy erotica isn’t my thing, but I’m sure the book would appeal to people who’re into the genre. It's disappointing that the book doesn't have an official review to change my mind.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 7:21 am by Fu Zaila.

gali

I wouldn't have sampled the book on my own, as it isn't a genre that I normally gravitate to. I don't read many romances and choose the one I read with care. Neither the cover nor the blurb enticed me. I didn't change my mind after sampling the book. The book revolved around a love triangle between friends. 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", and this book finely illustrates that. A superstar singer chooses one twin over her sister and pays dearly for it. Despite the book opening with (an over-long) exposition, I had trouble following. It took me time to understand that Lucy was raised by her real mother and her step farther. The book could use another round of editing, as there were quite a bit run-on sentences, grammatical errors, and missing/misplaced commas. Ex: "Parents' kid" instead of "Parents' kid", "His fathers" instead of "His father's", to name a few. I like how the main character, Lucy, was portrayed, but not enough to follow her adventures. I won't read the book, as it didn't engage me. I didn't see any official review, but it didn't affect my decision either way.

First Ten review added on August 15, 2018, at 5:56 am by gali.

Total ~ 19%

A Little Lost A Little Found earned a score of 19%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 19% plan to read the whole book.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

Go to main Bookshelves page for A Little Lost A Little Found