Official Review: Mimadamos by Chadi B. Ghaith

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Official Review: Mimadamos by Chadi B. Ghaith

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mimadamos" by Chadi B. Ghaith.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mimadamos: The Eden of Choice by Chadi B. Ghaith is a spiritual fiction published on July 6, 2017, by Windstream Partners, LLC. It has 450 standard pages and is told through third-person omniscient narration. It talks about spiritual philosophies and struggles through a brilliant, mystical fable. I saw a book published by Booklogix on December 21, 2015, by the same author and title, but no subtitle and the same book cover but upside down. It looked like the same book but it may have been altered and improved. There was no enough information about it so I can only speculate.

Over the course of understanding this book better, I think it is instrumental to define what Chadi B. Ghaith shares on the dedication page of this book, over the internet about him, and what I will share with you from this book. Chadi’s religious identity is Druze and authentic identity is Gnostic. The Druses have faith in one God and believe in the Abrahamic religion based on the teachings of high Islamic leaders and Greek philosophers like Aristotle, Socrates, and Plato. The Druses also believe in reincarnation and Chadi professes Æthero was his name in the previous life he lead in ancient Greece. The word Gnostic is derived from the Greek word, “Gnosis,” meaning to know. Gnostics are people who believe in Gnosticism. Gnosticism, with a capital G at the beginning of the word, mostly refers to Christian Gnostics.

Their beliefs vary but what they have in common is that they choose to follow personal revelation and mysticism over dogma (blind faith) taught within the cold walls of churches. What I initially got from this book, from the very get-go, is an unusual support for Adam, the first man,
the marriage of flesh and spirit-the point-the atom-at which heaven and the earth converge,

as Chadi puts it. That made me think about what I had read about the extreme Gnostic theologians who theorized that the earth was created by an imperfect creator, called the Demiurge, who had spun off from the Higher Father but did not comprehend it. The Cainites (descendants of Cain) even went further and believed the Demiurge was evil and worshipped as saints all who stood against him in the Bible- Cain, Judas. So, what does this book entail? I urge you to not be too quick to jump to conclusions and have an open mind because there is a lot to learn from it.

No truth at this point in our lives is ever truly new. I have been reading into the major religions of the world over time, trying to sort through their concepts, philosophies and what have you, but I had not really met with the Gnostics/Druses, that is until I found this book, or should I say it found me? I have to admit that it was with welcome anguish and spiritual prodding that I started and finished the book. I got to know quite a lot that I did not know and the book altered me in ways no book has.

The poetry in the first pages touched my heart,
Oh, we needed the sun to light our Destiny, how we need the cycles to drive our Choice; and we would martyr our lives to fuel the hour, not realizing that we could overturn the clock by simply shining here and there…
I liked its high originality the most as Chadi takes old knowledge and presents it in a new and unique way that sets it apart from other religious and spiritual books. The fable has scores of characters, among them the haunted Destiny and the formidable Fate. The Agents of Awakening, who had split from Adam, are waiting for the Messiah, Choice, so that they can be able to,
dream a new reality into being
And ultimately destroy the Archons,
but this was only after the recycling of the current world.

Other characters like Time, Space and Hope join in and set off on a journey that ends with a cliffhanger ending, or should I say begins with a cliffhanger beginning?

I do not agree with some of the things Chadi attempts to pass across, one of them being his assumption when he says in his note,
Spirit and matter are not enemies, as the religions and the scientific traditions would like you to believe.
By the term matter, he means,
the spirit solidified,

so we’re in agreement up to there, somehow, because to me, of course, matter means the (human) body that holds the Spirit of God and the soul of man. Since God is in everything and is holding everything together, according to the Bible, I would assume that He is a part of matter too. Matter is His body and since the body is a part of the two in the trinity, we can safely say matter is a part of the Spirit too. So, that was easy to get, right? I will not speak for the other religions or for science, but I will speak for Christianity and say that the body is not the enemy, or rather an enemy of the Spirit, but rather a tool that is used by the enemy to lead the soul astray (away from the Spirit which is God). When we are told to crucify the body, it is understood that the body is the symbol of sin and not actually the sin. Romans 6:6 says,
Knowing this, that our old man [the whole nature of man (body and soul) turned away from God and devoted to self and earthly things] is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Let me be quick to point out that Chadi might have been referring to the considerable religious (and scientific and atheist groups) that punish and mutilate their bodies to acquire salvation or satisfaction, just as the Gnostics believe that attaining mystical knowledge is a means to salvation.

What I did not like about this book is it became a bit of a drag with one or two of its notions, but other than that it was brilliant. There were no editing issues to talk of, and with all this in mind, I give it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. If you have ever asked yourself whether this is all there is and will ever be in life, or if you are looking for something different from what you have been reading, or if you are a spiritual person or a poetic person; this is the book for you. It will make you have questions about the things you think you know and set you on a path of self-exploration and self-discovery. Take up the challenge and decide for yourself.

Mimadamos
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like geoffrey ngoima's review? Post a comment saying so!
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

The quotes you selected really hit the point home, I liked them. This is definitely a different type of book from what I am used to reading; however, your great review makes me want to pick it, which I probably will.
geoffrey ngoima

kislany wrote:The quotes you selected really hit the point home, I liked them. This is definitely a different type of book from what I am used to reading; however, your great review makes me want to pick it, which I probably will.
Please do, & thank you
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Nice review. I don't think this is something I would enjoy. Sounds like quite an intriguing story, though. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
geoffrey ngoima

kandscreeley wrote:Nice review. I don't think this is something I would enjoy. Sounds like quite an intriguing story, though. Thanks.
You're welcome :)
:tiphat:
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I really liked this quote "Oh, we needed the sun to light our Destiny, how we need the cycles to drive our Choice; and we would martyr our lives to fuel the hour, not realizing that we could overturn the clock by simply shining here and there…"
Plot seems nice too !!
Very nice review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
geoffrey ngoima

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:I really liked this quote "Oh, we needed the sun to light our Destiny, how we need the cycles to drive our Choice; and we would martyr our lives to fuel the hour, not realizing that we could overturn the clock by simply shining here and there…"
Plot seems nice too !!
Very nice review
Thank you, beautiful Darakhshan!
I see you're a sucker for poetry :)
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

What are Mimadamos?
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
geoffrey ngoima

CatInTheHat wrote:What are Mimadamos?
:eusa-think: Well, like the title says, it is the garden of choice
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

I've been seeing so many books like this lately and I'm loving it. We should all be questioning these types of things more! That sucks that there were a couple notions that were dragged out but I find that happens with a lot of books in these genres. You're so right. There really is no "new" truth out there. But it's interesting to see different spins on them. This was an amazing and insightful review (once again!). I am definitely putting this on my to-read list. Cheers!
geoffrey ngoima

Mallory Whitaker wrote:I've been seeing so many books like this lately and I'm loving it. We should all be questioning these types of things more! That sucks that there were a couple notions that were dragged out but I find that happens with a lot of books in these genres. You're so right. There really is no "new" truth out there. But it's interesting to see different spins on them. This was an amazing and insightful review (once again!). I am definitely putting this on my to-read list. Cheers!
You're back! Missed you! Thank you,... yeah, it's like that Greek philosopher, Aristotle, who said that It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I hope you've brought back a review or two, & that you are fine from that scare
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:I really liked this quote "Oh, we needed the sun to light our Destiny, how we need the cycles to drive our Choice; and we would martyr our lives to fuel the hour, not realizing that we could overturn the clock by simply shining here and there…"
Plot seems nice too !!
Very nice review
I liked this quote too! However, I don't know if this would be a book for me. Based on what you've written I feel that the ideas and beliefs aren't substantiated by facts just like religions tend to do. It's all about belief.
geoffrey ngoima

Mallory Whitaker wrote:I've been seeing so many books like this lately and I'm loving it. We should all be questioning these types of things more! That sucks that there were a couple notions that were dragged out but I find that happens with a lot of books in these genres. You're so right. There really is no "new" truth out there. But it's interesting to see different spins on them. This was an amazing and insightful review (once again!). I am definitely putting this on my to-read list. Cheers!
When I said, "...it became a bit of a drag with one or two of its notions," I meant more of the disappointing area than of becoming a bore, but you're like so getting me it's scary. I thought the ideas I wanted to share were so muddled up in my mind to...

-- 10 Sep 2017, 17:51 --
ritah wrote:
Plot seems nice too !!
Very nice review
I liked this quote too! However, I don't know if this would be a book for me. Based on what you've written I feel that the ideas and beliefs aren't substantiated by facts just like religions tend to do. It's all about belief.
:? I hope by "religions" you don't mean Christianity :) because Christianity has plenty of proofs, I'd recommend the movie God's Not Dead 2, or is it 1?
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

ritah wrote:
Plot seems nice too !!
Very nice review
:? I hope by "religions" you don't mean Christianity :) because Christianity has plenty of proofs, I'd recommend the movie God's Not Dead 2, or is it 1?
Lol, I mean all of them! people always tend to bias their particular religion, making all sorts of claim about proof when in truth it all boils down to faith. Also, movies and personal testimonies aren't what I'd consider solid proof. Different followers of different religions all have their own personal testimonies which cancel each other out.
geoffrey ngoima

ritah wrote:
ritah wrote:
Plot seems nice too !!
Very nice review
Lol, I mean all of them! people always tend to bias their particular religion, making all sorts of claim about proof when in truth it all boils down to faith. Also, movies and personal testimonies aren't what I'd consider solid proof. Different followers of different religions all have their own personal testimonies which cancel each other out.
Haha, I get what you're saying, I've been there. I always try to be unbiased because there's no other way to honestly and truthfully know the truth, & I wasn't talking about faith or personal testimonies, all religions have that, I was talking about archaeological finds, about what the groups of nonbelievers actually saw, what the atheist scholars and scientists found in the Bible,... so many proofs; one has just to be interested in it, or should I say chosen by it :)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”