Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on July 9, 2016, at 8:17 am by Randomgold.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

Lunaria's Hope: Coalition of Control Book 1

by Cari Pearson

The First Ten

Because Lunaria's Hope was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

gali

I probably wouldn't have sampled this book without the program as the cover isn't very fetching and the blurb sounds dry. The book seems well written, but I found the beginning a bit slow. I love sci-fic, but the premise didn't grab me, and the sample failed to hold my interest. I found the musings of the Doc and his meeting with the chief a bit boring to be honest. I didn't notice any official review, but it didn't affect my decision either way. I am sure it is a good book, alas it isn't for me. I won't buy and read the book as it didn't capture my interest.

First Ten review added on September 27, 2016, at 10:23 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

bookowlie

The cover artwork is attractive, but feels a little generic. The Amazon summary appears to be professionally edited with no errors. However, I found it a little confusing to follow. Is the Earth Coalition a group of colonies? What is Earth Corps? I can't say that the summary blurb captured my interest. The beginning pages are well written and flow well with a good introduction of the characters. While the sample is easier to understand than the summary blurb, the subject matter so far is not my cup of tea.

First Ten review added on September 27, 2016, at 10:23 am by bookowlie.

Vermont Reviews

Cari Pearson has done an excellent job of writing the book Lunaria's Hope. Her characters Dr. Harold Clemons who had received chip enhancements when he was born. Now works for the company who developed them. Paul Bradshaw Bio Chip Technology better known as "The Cyborg King" was a large influence in Harold's life. He had even helped to pay for his education. One of my favorite lines from the preview. "They won't just control us though intimidation, but they will know how to keep people from rebelling in the first place." Harold had thought about leaving the company but his loyalty kept him there. My favorite part of the preview was Jacob trying to restore the 1967 Caddy. I owned a 1966 Fleetwood limo and I loved it. Although today it would not be economically sound. Just the gas would cost a fortune. With the large engine and only 6 miles to the gallon well that would not make sense. I enjoyed the author's style and love sci-fi. My reading schedule is overbooked right now. Otherwise this would have peaked my interest. I would have purchased this book based on the preview. I did read the reviews. Readers were happy with the story. I would love to read more of the author's books.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on September 27, 2016, at 11:52 am by Vermont Reviews.

hsimone

I find the cover beautiful and the title intriguing. However, the genre (Sci-Fi), the small number of reviews, and the fact that there isn't an OBC review, I would not have sampled this book on my own.

Based on the bit that I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. The dialogue between the characters seem believable, which makes the read more enjoyable. However, I am not a fan of the business talk towards the beginning of the book. Unfortunately, this doesn't usually keep my interest. Based on the genre and the business feel I get from the book, I will not be buying the book and finishing it.

First Ten review added on September 27, 2016, at 2:18 pm by hsimone.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I wouldn't have chosen it. The cover and title aren't intriguing enough for me. The first few pages of the book couldn't hold my attention. I didn't find the plot interesting enough. Hence, I will not purchase the book. What I liked best about the sample was the way the protagonist was introduced and described. What I liked least was its plot, which couldn't hold my attention. The book seems to be professionally edited. I did not find an official OnlineBookClub review for the book. I might have given the book another chance if I had read a favorable review.

First Ten review added on September 27, 2016, at 2:52 pm by AA1495.

easy_dc13

Since Sci-Fi isn't my go-to genre whenever I want to read, I wouldn't have checked it out. I actually got interested a bit in this book after the first few pages when I saw how grounded the dialogue and the topics were despite being set a couple of hundred years in to the future. I will not be able to read it right now because of other books but I would recommend this to any other reader looking for their fix. I spotted one typo and it was write misspelled as right, that's all.

First Ten review added on September 27, 2016, at 3:49 pm by easy_dc13.

klbradley

The cover of this one seems a little dull to me, with no indication of what could possibly happen in the book. I am also not much of a fan of Science Ficiton. While I can tell the author has worked hard on this novel (no editing errors I can find so far) I still feel as though it is not for me.

First Ten review added on September 27, 2016, at 4:04 pm by klbradley.

Kia

Based on the description of this book, I would not have chosen to read it. It seems like it would be a little bit too political for my liking. I found the first few pages to be error free, though they were as full of politics as I feared they would be. I will not continue to read this book.

First Ten review added on September 27, 2016, at 4:31 pm by Kia.

CrescentMoon

Based on the cover, title, blurb, and customer reviews, I would pick this book up to check it out. I am a huge fan of science fiction and I do find the idea of this story intriguing. The book has a perfect rating on Amazon, but there were only three reviews so far. Although the people who have read the book so far liked it, I would like more of an audience rating the book before deciding if the customer reviews are worth it. After reading the first ten pages, I probably will not finish the book. The writing is error-free but so far it is extremely dense. There is a lot of description and explanation. I do understand that this is sometimes necessary in order to set the foundation and world-building of the story, but in order for me to read through it, I have to be in the mood. I might read this book another day, but not anytime soon.

First Ten review added on September 27, 2016, at 4:54 pm by CrescentMoon.

L_Therese

Between the cover and the description, I wasn't too excited about this book. Super soldiers can be creepy, but I feel like it's been done before. As I read the first ten pages, I was largely unimpressed. The story was introduced in a manner that didn't make me feel invested in the protagonist. (I think he's the protagonist, anyway.) There was at least one small grammatical error. Further, there was no review to tell me if it is going to get better. I'm not willing to take a chance on this book.

First Ten review added on September 28, 2016, at 12:56 am by L_Therese.

psychopathycathy

If I had not sampled this book, I would not have read it. The blurb fell a little flat for me, and I am not an avid reader of extreme science fiction. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. I love the writing style and the realistic dialogue, but I felt disconnected from the setting overall and had a little trouble following what was going on. The book seems professionally edited and even though I did not read an OnlineBookClub review, my decision was not affected.

First Ten review added on September 28, 2016, at 3:19 am by psychopathycathy.

anneloretrujillo

Based on the blurb and genre, I would not have sampled this book. There also was not an OBC review, so I definitely would not have sampled the book if it weren't for this program. After reading the first ten pages, I was surprised that I was actually interested in the book. I want to buy the book and finish reading it. I don't usually like anything even remotely science fiction, but I became interested in this book right away. The development of the characters made me want to keep reading it. I did notice, however, that there was an inconsistency in the use of commas throughout the part that I read.

First Ten review added on September 28, 2016, at 10:00 am by anneloretrujillo.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

braver

I was interested based on the description - I love sci-fi, and bioengineering is an interesting topic. But unfortunately, the writing was a bit clumsy, and I caught a few mistakes ("I will even right a good letter of recommendation for you..."). The conversational flow did not feel believable, and I didn't find myself wanting to learn any more. I won't be reading this one.

First Ten review added on September 28, 2016, at 11:35 am by braver.

Momlovesbooks

When I saw this was another sci-fi novel, I didn't think I would read it. After reading the description and first several pages, I still felt that way. For fans of this genre, I think it would be an enjoyable read. I won't be reading this one, though.

First Ten review added on September 28, 2016, at 3:06 pm by Momlovesbooks.

Gravy

I can't say much about this book. The style is strange for my idea of the genre, but I don't read much in it, so who am I to say? It just seems a little monotonous. I also don't like the cover.
It didn't read as though it had been professionally edited, if that makes sense. I can't point to any one thing, but a lot of it felt awkward to me.
I really didn't enjoy anything about this sample, despite the fact that the premise sounded interesting. I actually wish I could have read an official review, if only so I could know if it improved.

First Ten review added on September 28, 2016, at 5:30 pm by Gravy.

CataclysmicKnight

I'd heard of this book before I picked it up but had no clue what it was about. The first ten pages, while they clearly set the groundwork for the rest of the book, definitely don't get into the main plot either. I was on the fence about finishing this until I read the Amazon description, and now I definitely want to finish it! I'd only seen one error thus far and the writing is very enjoyable without being confusing at all.

First Ten review added on September 29, 2016, at 2:04 am by CataclysmicKnight.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

Cjgarland89

Without the first ten I wouldn't have sampled this book. The cover is dull and the title doesn't really catch my attention. I am not a fan of sci-fi either so I didn't understand the plot. The first ten were difficult to get through, although the book is written well and free from errors, it's just not interesting enough for me to purchase and finish reading. I didn't particularly have a favorite part, mainly because I didn't really understand what was going on. I didn't find an OBC review, but it may have helped in describing the plot and interested me a little more.

First Ten review added on September 29, 2016, at 6:41 am by Cjgarland89.

truebookaddict

I would have chosen to read this book based on the fact that it is science fiction.

I probably will not buy and read the whole book. After reading the sample, I was not drawn into the story enough to want to continue reading. It starts off very slow and is a bit dry.

The book could use some professional editing. There is a grammatical misspelling at loc 105. The line reads, "I will even right a good letter of recommendation for you if you'd like." The word should be "write."

Harold Clemens seems like an interesting enough character, but these first ten pages really weren't engaging enough. It needs a hook, or something more exciting in the beginning to grab the reader's interest.

First Ten review added on September 29, 2016, at 8:39 am by truebookaddict.

Total ~ 11%

This book earned a score of 11%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 11% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Lunaria's Hope in their shelves?

7 members have Lunaria's Hope in their shelves.

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

karatheredhead

Want To Read Shelf

sh3rry_lou

Want To Read Shelf

josefina1110

Want To Read Shelf

RonelleAntoinette

Want To Read Shelf

lydialeigh71

Want To Read Shelf

Tori bear17

Want To Read Shelf