Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
Doglover101
Bookshelf Size: 0

Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

Post by Doglover101 » 08 Dec 2018, 10:10

This sad but touching story by the award winning author wilson rawls called Where The red fern grows is my all time favorite book. this book is based back in the early 1900s about a young boy that longs for too redbone coonhounds. He saves up 50 dollars secretly and goes and buys them. Bill Coleman names his dogs Little Ann and Old Dan after the too names he sees carved into the trees. They hunt every night they become best friends and do everything together. Billy sells his coon skins and his family goes from being poor to being middle class, that wasn't very likley in the Ozarks. When I first saw this book I did not want to read it but I became so attached to the characters it was sad to say goodbye.

Return to “Classic Books”