Review by chelhack -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outt...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
chelhack
2018 Reading Goal: 29
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 86
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by chelhack -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outt...

Post by chelhack » 09 Nov 2018, 21:10

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Though, this genre of books is of those I typically steer clear of. This particular book I have actually enjoyed reading. The first impression just based off viewing the cover it grabbed my attention with the boldness of the characters seeming to just pop up at you. Then as I began reading the guidebook, right from the start the bold straightforward style of which this book is written in held my interest and kept it until the end of the book. While reading this manual the author mentioned there will be people that find this self-help manual to offensive and even though it has no scientific backing I, myself am not one of the individuals who has found nor taken anything within this book offensive in nature. For me the directness of the presentation was the best part in reading the guidebook making it all the more motivating and inspiring in my opinion. Also breaking the mold regarding my opinions, feelings and or thoughts of books of this category.

In If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta But’s author Mark L. Wdowiak takes a bold and straightforward approach in getting his message of how to obtain happiness and success within life. The concept that he focuses upon is that of a New You. Informing the audience of this book that everyone has the potential in redesigning themselves into bring the New You by utilizing the crawl, walk and/then run as a method as the three stages as the steps needed to make the transformation. With him listing the breakdown of each of these three stages as:
• CRAWLING – Taking responsibility for your own choices and actions,
• WALKING – Changing/Adjusting your mind frame and thoughts
• RUNNING - Putting into action what is needed to accomplish your goals.
These three steps are also commonly used by many other authors have written self-bettering guides. Yet, the spin on the whole topic put ofrth in this book makes it one of the best that I have witnessed.

There were many things that I enjoyed about this book. But, in naming some of those things I would say first would be the bold and direct approach. I feel that life will not let up or go easy on a person as well as it being tough all together so I felt that the straightforward approach is a good reference or source to begin building a strong foundation. Along with its intent to make each person focus on themselves individually as well as. take responsibility for each’s own thoughts and actions. Because it is so easy and common for a person to place blame on any and everything wrong in their lives elsewhere, instead of first taking a look at themselves or evaluating how their thoughts and or actions affect or have an effect on the happiness and success or lack thereof is within their own lives. I also like that or how the author has each person write their initials when completing each lesson section. I feel that that somewhat makes reading/following the lesson touch more of or on a personal level as each person can see their own progress. And rereading important passages plays a great role in instilling information into myself personally. I also believe that including personal stories is a nice addition to this book. For me it made me feel like I was/am not alone in the struggle or the only person who has ever needed a little good advice and motivation to make that transformation into the New Me,

I can’t say that there was any part of this book that I really did not like. Though, I do feel that most of the information that was presented with it was taught or was something that I learned at a young age it does still applies thus far and helps to achieve a happy and successful life.

I give If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s a 4 out of 4-star rating. Though, it is just the advice of one person’s opinion it is good advice and I do feel that it will help a person in becoming that person one would like to as well as, could be. I would not give this book any lower of a rating because it was so well organized and the personal stories that were added were so well done, I feel as if the other put a lot of hard work in time into this book to help others.

I think that this book is the best fit for an audience that has the desire to change along with those who just need a little bit of motivation to help them get going. I also think that it would be good for teenagers that are going into adulthood. It may help them prepare themselves and be aid them to create and maintain a happy in successful life.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like chelhack's review? Post a comment saying so!
Chelsea N. Hackett

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”