Do you read Webtoons (Manhwa)?

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Post Reply
User avatar
Fatima_Palacios
Posts: 82
Joined: 08 Jul 2018, 20:59
2019 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Do you read Webtoons (Manhwa)?

Post by Fatima_Palacios » 05 Nov 2018, 01:07

Hi, i was wondering if anyone here liked to read Webtoon's (also known as Manhwa). I've been reading some for a few years now like DICE, Girls of the Wild and most recently Flow.

Webtoon's are online posted colored comics, the best way to read them is trough the App but you can also read them in a browser just fine. Most of them are from Korean writers but over the years authors from other countries have posted a few as well.
Image
"and if I die trying, then at least I tried."
-Eiichiro Oda (Luffy)
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

User avatar
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Posts: 898
Joined: 14 May 2014, 09:59
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 25
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP » 09 Nov 2018, 08:55

Yes, I'm reading Lookism right now. My sister loves Girls of the Wild, but I haven't tried it yet.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”


― Nayyirah Waheed

User avatar
Fatima_Palacios
Posts: 82
Joined: 08 Jul 2018, 20:59
2019 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Post by Fatima_Palacios » 10 Nov 2018, 01:47

stoppoppingtheP wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 08:55
Yes, I'm reading Lookism right now. My sister loves Girls of the Wild, but I haven't tried it yet.
I haven't try Lookism but i've seen good things about it.
"and if I die trying, then at least I tried."
-Eiichiro Oda (Luffy)
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

User avatar
M Zee
Posts: 158
Joined: 03 Apr 2018, 13:22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-zee.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor: Vampires by RK Wheeler

Post by M Zee » 12 Nov 2018, 16:04

I've read a handful of them but I'm always looking for new series (hopefully in English!). Do you have any recommendations?
I was born with a reading list I will never finish.

User avatar
Fatima_Palacios
Posts: 82
Joined: 08 Jul 2018, 20:59
2019 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Post by Fatima_Palacios » 14 Nov 2018, 01:47

M Zee wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 16:04
I've read a handful of them but I'm always looking for new series (hopefully in English!). Do you have any recommendations?
Yes, i don't know if you've reed this ones already but i really enjoy them
-Flow
-Annarasumanara
-Age Matters
"and if I die trying, then at least I tried."
-Eiichiro Oda (Luffy)
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

User avatar
SpencerVo
Posts: 189
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 06:33
Favorite Book: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencervo.html
Latest Review: The Evil Underneath by Jeremy Bennett

Post by SpencerVo » 16 Nov 2018, 16:58

My favorites are:
- Fantasy / action: Noblesse.
- Romance: Gangnam beauty; Dear, only you don't know.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

User avatar
Fatima_Palacios
Posts: 82
Joined: 08 Jul 2018, 20:59
2019 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Post by Fatima_Palacios » 18 Nov 2018, 22:56

SpencerVo wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 16:58
My favorites are:
- Fantasy / action: Noblesse.
- Romance: Gangnam beauty; Dear, only you don't know.
I really like Noblesse, but i haven't read Gangnam beauty just yet.
"and if I die trying, then at least I tried."
-Eiichiro Oda (Luffy)
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

User avatar
M Zee
Posts: 158
Joined: 03 Apr 2018, 13:22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-zee.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor: Vampires by RK Wheeler

Post by M Zee » 04 Dec 2018, 23:52

Thanks for all the recommendations! I just added a bunch to my queue to check out when I have time!
I was born with a reading list I will never finish.

User avatar
AnnaKathleen
Posts: 196
Joined: 13 Feb 2018, 20:16
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 4
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 61
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Dreams of Gods and Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 1086
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by AnnaKathleen » 12 Jan 2019, 16:23

I'm currently reading Noblesse and I really enjoy it. I haven't gotten too far into looking for new ones because I'm so far behind on Noblesse. I might look at Dice though!
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury

User avatar
PegR
Posts: 16
Joined: 10 Dec 2018, 00:12
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by PegR » 12 Jan 2019, 23:40

Yes! The last one I read was Cheese in the trap and Gangnam Beauty! Cheese in the trap was kind of dark because of Yoo Yung. He took no prisoners, and I loved it. I really thought he was crazy in the begging.

Gangnam beauty faces the reality of social expectations, teaches you how to stand up for yourself and be proud of who you've become.

I highly recommend both webtoons if your looking for light and funny romances.

User avatar
Fatima_Palacios
Posts: 82
Joined: 08 Jul 2018, 20:59
2019 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Post by Fatima_Palacios » 13 Jan 2019, 15:48

AnnaKathleen wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 16:23
I'm currently reading Noblesse and I really enjoy it. I haven't gotten too far into looking for new ones because I'm so far behind on Noblesse. I might look at Dice though!
I highly recommend DICE and Noblesse is great, i love it but I'm so far behind i don't think ill catch up in months.
"and if I die trying, then at least I tried."
-Eiichiro Oda (Luffy)
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

User avatar
Fatima_Palacios
Posts: 82
Joined: 08 Jul 2018, 20:59
2019 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Post by Fatima_Palacios » 13 Jan 2019, 15:48

PegR wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 23:40
Yes! The last one I read was Cheese in the trap and Gangnam Beauty! Cheese in the trap was kind of dark because of Yoo Yung. He took no prisoners, and I loved it. I really thought he was crazy in the begging.

Gangnam beauty faces the reality of social expectations, teaches you how to stand up for yourself and be proud of who you've become.

I highly recommend both webtoons if your looking for light and funny romances.
I'll take your word on them and they are going to my TBR for this month :)
"and if I die trying, then at least I tried."
-Eiichiro Oda (Luffy)
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

User avatar
AnnaKathleen
Posts: 196
Joined: 13 Feb 2018, 20:16
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 4
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 61
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Dreams of Gods and Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 1086
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by AnnaKathleen » 13 Jan 2019, 16:09

Fatima_Palacios wrote:
13 Jan 2019, 15:48
AnnaKathleen wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 16:23
I'm currently reading Noblesse and I really enjoy it. I haven't gotten too far into looking for new ones because I'm so far behind on Noblesse. I might look at Dice though!
I highly recommend DICE and Noblesse is great, i love it but I'm so far behind i don't think ill catch up in months.
That's how I always feel! In the time it takes me to supposedly catch up, I've fallen behind again. Thank you for the recommendation! :D
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury

Post Reply

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”