Book of the day not received leading to loss of carry over entries

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
Laceyadams
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laceyadams.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Book of the day not received leading to loss of carry over entries

Post by Laceyadams » 15 Sep 2018, 01:44

Hello,
I would like to address a few issues. Firstly, I don't receive the book of the day until the entry of the day is almost over.
Secondly, I did not receive the book of the day (the island of the dead novella) of yesterday and I was given a notice that my carryover entries will be lost if I don't apply. I used the link to apply and noticed I still had 2hours until it expires. But my carryover entries were disqualified. Why?

It is not the first time this is happening. I felt because I was new and didn't U deratand the rules that was why I was disqualified the first time. I don't think it is fair to disqualify me through no fault of mine. The system is flawed and needs to be looked into as this can be very dissapointing.
Please check to see that I didn't receive the book of the day at all.
I was also told I didn't put in a Twitter entry the other day which I most certainly did. I always post my entries twice to make sure it goes through. Look into this and give me my carry over entries back please. Thanks you

gali
Site Admin
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 104
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Girl in the Tower
Bookshelf Size: 1855
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 15 Sep 2018, 01:51

Laceyadams wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 01:44
Hello,
I would like to address a few issues. Firstly, I don't receive the book of the day until the entry of the day is almost over.
Secondly, I did not receive the book of the day (the island of the dead novella) of yesterday and I was given a notice that my carryover entries will be lost if I don't apply. I used the link to apply and noticed I still had 2hours until it expires. But my carryover entries were disqualified. Why?

It is not the first time this is happening. I felt because I was new and didn't U deratand the rules that was why I was disqualified the first time. I don't think it is fair to disqualify me through no fault of mine. The system is flawed and needs to be looked into as this can be very dissapointing.
Please check to see that I didn't receive the book of the day at all.
I was also told I didn't put in a Twitter entry the other day which I most certainly did. I always post my entries twice to make sure it goes through. Look into this and give me my carry over entries back please. Thanks you
You don't need to wait for the BOTD's mail to enter the Giveaway.

You should have got an email stating the reason for the disqualification, so please check your mail and spam folder. You need to share the Twitter entry via the button on the Giveaway page for it to count. If you did that, you have the option to appeal via the link provided in the email.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 82
Currently Reading: The Great Hunt
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: Tulip by Raymond Reed Hardy
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 » Yesterday, 22:44

You must also click the Yay, I did it button for any posts you do on the giveaway page. Merely posting to Facebook Twitter, etc will not get you the credit. That only works for the OBC review comment.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”