Favorite Young Adult Books

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Include the name of the book, and if possible the author's name, in the title of the topic. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
rainydaysc64
2018 Reading Goal: 40
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 7
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 832
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rainydaysc64.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro
Reading Device: B00OZTU156

Favorite Young Adult Books

Post by rainydaysc64 » 05 Sep 2018, 11:31

So just curious, but what is some of your favorite young adult books? For me, some of my favorites are the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater, The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, and Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld.

A lot of my favorite young adult reads are a mixture of young adult and other genres and this isn't necessarily all of them. Do you notice that with some of your favorite young adult books too? Or is it just me?
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a book."
- J.K. Rowling

_russhel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by _russhel_ » 13 Sep 2018, 03:42

:techie-studyinggray:
Growing up alone was always a typical thing for me. Nevertheless I became fond of children's books. It was in my 8th grade that got the first harry potter book, the Sorcerer's stone, lured me into the wizarding world. All throughout my early teens, Harry was like a best friend and companion. The book took me on it's roller coaster journeys along with the golden trio, Hermione, Harry and Ronald.
Best young adult book I ever read. My favourite even now. A lovely comprehension, of valuable human virtues and emotions, this series preach us the value of unconditional love and selfless heroism. The humbleness depicted by the protagonist, Harry, is heart warming. Along this series, we experience different turns of emotions, plots and plans, of friendship and bravery and endless loyalty !

Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Oulababe » 16 Sep 2018, 02:18

Harry Porter is also one of my favorites.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”