Children of Blood and Bone

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Include the name of the book, and if possible the author's name, in the title of the topic. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
Chelle934
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Children of Blood and Bone

Post by Chelle934 » 11 Aug 2018, 10:43

Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi was a phenomenal read. Seeing the difference between the wealthy and the not so wealthy was represented in a great way. I also liked seeing the change in Amari throughout the book. The bond between Zel and Tzain was a very strong brother/sister bond. By the end of the book I am still a bit weary about Inan, but I guess I will have to wait until the sequel to see if my opinion changes. At the end of the book where, Tomi discusses how the brutality that some people have endured from police made me see the book in a slightly different view. There are scenes in the book that truly show that, however it is with the nobles versus the maji and the poor in the town. It is not fair and some of the scenes were sad. I definitely would recommend this book. 5/5.

dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70

Post by dianaterrado » 10 Sep 2018, 10:24

I love this book so much!! I cannot wait to read the sequel although I am a bit terrified that there will be a love triangle in book two. I'm not really a fan of it.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”