Do you think this book predicts the future?

Use this forum to discuss August 2018 book of the month "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.
modupereb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-modupereb.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Re: Do you think this book predicts the future?

Post by modupereb » 21 Nov 2018, 04:25

I have not read the book and not a citizen of U.S. I believe prediction for the future even can be made from the present events. Negative prediction can be change to positive if the government and citizen will act on the prediction, whether possible or not.

Cash-Centered Creep
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cash-centered-creep.html
Latest Review: Kill Fannie Mae by Frank Latell

Post by Cash-Centered Creep » 23 Nov 2018, 08:56

Fuzaila wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 00:35
World, Incorporated depicts the country of United States, which is no longer ruling the world. The unrest and intolerance in present day America is a clear indication that the future is not as secure as the government wants us to believe. Do you think it is a possibility that the country of United States would lose its power in the near future? Do you think the world created by Tom Gariffo is a possibility? Why do you think so? Why not?
As bad as things presently are in the United States, I would remind you that we had a Civil War which was much more divisive and fractious than anything we are going through right now. America will endure. The republic has been through worse, and came through.

Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ » 10 Dec 2018, 01:14

I guess the book actually predicts the future. But the future may not be like this too. None of was know the future.

Return to “Discuss "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo”