- Posts: 10
- Joined: 17 Nov 2018, 22:49
- Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
- Bookshelf Size: 13
My favorite meat pie is Shepherds.
- Previous Member of the Month
- Posts: 3930
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 07:54
- Bookshelf Size: 0
― Steven Wright
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 05 Nov 2018, 12:05
- Currently Reading: McDowell
- Bookshelf Size: 23
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imjaneturner.html
- Latest Review: Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana
Oh my gosh! I love pies. My favorite pie is pecan pie - I made one for Thanksgiving and it totally caramelized the crust underneath! I had to bake it in a giant square pan because we didn't have any pie tins. I was really worried about it because I kept it in the oven for over 2 hours and it was still boiling away and seemed undercooked, but when it cooled it was probably the best pecan pie I've ever made.
I'm quoting you two because I love Chicken pot pie, but I'm too scared to try to make one on my own. I had some delicious chicken pot pie at a restaurant in Virginia and I've been thinking about it ever since. Do you have any recipes you use or tips for a first-timer?