Favorite DC character?

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
User avatar
M Zee
Posts: 158
Joined: 03 Apr 2018, 13:22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-zee.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor: Vampires by RK Wheeler

Re: Favorite DC character?

Post by M Zee » 26 Nov 2018, 21:12

In the minority here but I really love characters like John Constantine and Zatanna.
I was born with a reading list I will never finish.

User avatar
PJ26
Posts: 21
Joined: 02 Apr 2018, 21:44
2019 Reading Goal: 40
Favorite Author: Isaac Asimov
Favorite Book: The Sparrow
Currently Reading: Born to Run
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pj26.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
fav_author_id: 2547

Post by PJ26 » 27 Nov 2018, 23:02

I could go the safe route and say "Batman" since he's my favorite superhero, but that's not very original or interesting. So I'm going to say my favorite DC character is The Shade, specifically the version that appeared in James Robinson's Starman series. The Shade was a super-villain with shadowy powers, but he held a special affinity for Opal City, Starman's hometown, and refused to commit any crimes there. He was a fascinating character; he was no hero, but his affinity for his city and his affection for Jack Knight (Starman) sort of made him one nonetheless. By the end of the series, The Shade was a full-fledged hero, albeit one with an amoral bent. And he was endlessly fun to read about.

User avatar
Jagiine
Posts: 101
Joined: 06 Dec 2018, 17:08
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Post by Jagiine » 26 Dec 2018, 02:08

I'm stuck between Alfred and Beast Boy. Alfred is sick, but underappreciated! He has great skills from his numerous experiences and a level head. Beast Boy has an interesting backstory and resulting personality, as well as pretty cool powers. I don't like Batman very much, so perhaps BB should win out.

User avatar
hptariq
Posts: 1
Joined: 31 Dec 2018, 02:16
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by hptariq » 31 Dec 2018, 02:24

i think superman is the best then others......


most powerfull and ........honourable

User avatar
Viewbooksmoney19
Posts: 2
Joined: 31 Dec 2018, 02:48
Currently Reading: Forgiven
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Viewbooksmoney19 » 31 Dec 2018, 03:05

Love all DC characters...... most marvel ones too

User avatar
AnnaKathleen
Posts: 196
Joined: 13 Feb 2018, 20:16
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 4
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 61
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Dreams of Gods and Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 1086
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by AnnaKathleen » 12 Jan 2019, 16:15

It's really hard to pick favorites! I think I will always love Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman because they were the first heroes I encountered at a young age. But I am a huge fan of Green Arrow, Catwoman and Nightwing too.
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury

User avatar
AnnaKathleen
Posts: 196
Joined: 13 Feb 2018, 20:16
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 4
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 61
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Dreams of Gods and Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 1086
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by AnnaKathleen » 12 Jan 2019, 16:17

Jagiine wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 02:08
I'm stuck between Alfred and Beast Boy. Alfred is sick, but underappreciated! He has great skills from his numerous experiences and a level head. Beast Boy has an interesting backstory and resulting personality, as well as pretty cool powers. I don't like Batman very much, so perhaps BB should win out.
Alfred is amazing! Some people really don't think about what it would have been like without him around lol. Beast Boy and Raven are my favorite Teen Titans throughout the generations, I think.
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury

User avatar
Jagiine
Posts: 101
Joined: 06 Dec 2018, 17:08
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Post by Jagiine » 12 Jan 2019, 21:01

AnnaKathleen wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 16:17
Jagiine wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 02:08
I'm stuck between Alfred and Beast Boy. Alfred is sick, but underappreciated! He has great skills from his numerous experiences and a level head. Beast Boy has an interesting backstory and resulting personality, as well as pretty cool powers. I don't like Batman very much, so perhaps BB should win out.
Alfred is amazing! Some people really don't think about what it would have been like without him around lol. Beast Boy and Raven are my favorite Teen Titans throughout the generations, I think.
You, my dear, have good taste!

User avatar
AnnaKathleen
Posts: 196
Joined: 13 Feb 2018, 20:16
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 4
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 61
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Dreams of Gods and Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 1086
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by AnnaKathleen » 13 Jan 2019, 08:04

Jagiine wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 21:01
AnnaKathleen wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 16:17
Jagiine wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 02:08
I'm stuck between Alfred and Beast Boy. Alfred is sick, but underappreciated! He has great skills from his numerous experiences and a level head. Beast Boy has an interesting backstory and resulting personality, as well as pretty cool powers. I don't like Batman very much, so perhaps BB should win out.
Alfred is amazing! Some people really don't think about what it would have been like without him around lol. Beast Boy and Raven are my favorite Teen Titans throughout the generations, I think.
You, my dear, have good taste!
I would say the same of you (:
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury

User avatar
FaeWitch
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Jan 2019, 02:41
Currently Reading: Daughter of the Blood
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by FaeWitch » Yesterday, 01:20

Honestly, it's a toss-up between Wonder Woman and literally every Batman villain to ever exist, lol. I have a soft spot for interesting villains, and for incredibly badass Amazonian warriors.

Post Reply

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”