Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
melni
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 23
Currently Reading: The Doom Murders
Bookshelf Size: 406

Re: Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Post by melni » 04 Jul 2018, 14:17

Wow! That was a rave review and really applauded this book. I've already put this on my must read list! I too feel the pain and anguish of well written books that have gory, blood-lust battles; I will steel myself for those and forge ahead with this epic tale of a champion born to be a slayer & savior.
Congrats to the author on BOTD and a really great read!

Faithmwangi
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 16
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Faithmwangi » 11 Jul 2018, 11:24

The cover creeped me out! I just needed to get that off my chest. Also I don't like it when people die,so when many do thats even worse. It does sound like you enjoyed it though and am glad.Thanks for the well written review.

Kate S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-s.html
Latest Review: The Devil Take Tomorrow by Gretchen Jeannette

Post by Kate S » 13 Jul 2018, 19:41

This sounds like a fun read if you were that invested in it. Those are some unconventional monsters/races, so I'm curious to see how he mashes them together in his world. You mention the modern story takes place over a span of five days, which is hilarious to me. I don't know how long it took the prologue people to defeat this great evil, but just imagine the modern characters going, "Eh, it only took us five days to beat him. How about you?" But the five days also speaks to how well his world-building is if he could cram and weave his world into such a short period of time.

I'll make note of this book. We can fangirl together when I come back to it.

Thanks for the review!

Bianka Walter
Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 40
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 70
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading: Iron Gold
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: White and Proud by Keri Brye
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Bianka Walter » 14 Jul 2018, 03:32

Kate S wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 19:41
This sounds like a fun read if you were that invested in it. Those are some unconventional monsters/races, so I'm curious to see how he mashes them together in his world. You mention the modern story takes place over a span of five days, which is hilarious to me. I don't know how long it took the prologue people to defeat this great evil, but just imagine the modern characters going, "Eh, it only took us five days to beat him. How about you?" But the five days also speaks to how well his world-building is if he could cram and weave his world into such a short period of time.

I'll make note of this book. We can fangirl together when I come back to it.

Thanks for the review!
Aaaaaaah, but who says they defeated him in the five days? :wink2: You'll just have to read it.
And then, yes, please, I would LOVE to fangirl with someone!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”