Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget
. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.
Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote
your book or other writing.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 01:37
- Currently Reading: Serial K Returns
- Bookshelf Size: 12
The cover must say something about the story but not give away too much.
There is the saying: don't judge a book by its cover - but let's be honest... we wouldn't go for a book in the store if the cover is not to our liking.
I tend to pick up books with very simple designs. The cover shouldn't be to overloaded.
- Posts: 188
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 08:05
- 2018 Reading Goal: 30
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
- Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
- Bookshelf Size: 112
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
- Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers
If I know a movie is a book first and I'm interested in it, I'll go for it/look for it regardless. Other than that, I mostly have a description in my mind of what I want to read, and I search words or genres along those lines. If I am in a bookstore/library, I'll go into that section, look at spine titles, try my luck, and go straight to the back of the book for the summary.
Then, I go by authors I like. And sometimes by books that have chapter previews within them.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 12 Jun 2018, 14:01
- 2018 Reading Goal: 500
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 18
- Favorite Author: Martina Cole
- Currently Reading: If I Should Die
- Bookshelf Size: 241
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jazmynelizabeth.html
- Latest Review: My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor
- fav_author_id: 10914
- Location: England
Has to be eye-catching. If it's a crime fic, bloody clothes, silhouettes, knives, etc are a great way. Simple designs tend to be more eye-catching for me .
But I won't even look at a book if the font of the title doesn't perfectly match the picture. That's the main thing.
Who needs friends when you can have daddy issues and a huge home library?
- Posts: 378
- Joined: 05 Jun 2018, 16:24
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 31
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
- Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
- Location: Asheville, NC
Compelling or simple imagery does it for me.
I hate when there is too much going on and the font and illustrations are all over the place.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 09 Jul 2018, 06:36
- Bookshelf Size: 0
A good book cover it should have a sense of attraction ,precise and simple for a reader