Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
- Posts: 226
- Joined: 09 Jun 2018, 21:30
- 2018 Reading Goal: 10
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 210
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 69
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
- Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell
I don't have any problem with immigration no matter where the people come from. But they have to do it legally. I know it's very difficult and I know a lot of these people are running away from pretty bad situations. But if they do it illegally, they take the risk of being sent back. It's sad, but it is how it is. They need to prove they come here to work and contribute to society and they should follow our laws.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 23:58
- Currently Reading: Bug Hunt
- Bookshelf Size: 170
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
- Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry
The flow of immigration is up to the government, and certainly they could slow the flow when the economy can't support them, but right now unemployment is at a historic low, so you could argue it's not an issue at this point. If you're talking about whether or not we should allow or disallow Muslims specifically, the answer is no. Here in the US we have little things like freedom of religion and separation of church and state. No President, or no member of Congress can call themselves a true American if they want to keep someone out of the country on no other basis but their religion.