Overall rating and opinion of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
Theresam
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresam.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher

Post by Theresam » 12 Oct 2018, 14:42

I just finished reading this book and found it to be very interesting and fast-paced. I thought the topic was very timely and the ethical issues discussed by the characters were thoughtful and brought a lot of different viewpoints into the discussion. I also liked the author’s writing style.

Bavithra M
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-m.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Bavithra M » 16 Oct 2018, 00:09

"Final Notice" by Van Fleisher is an intresting book. The storyline is very good and keeps you hooked on till tje very end.I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.
Bavithra M

DC Brown
2018 Reading Goal: 15
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 340
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by DC Brown » 19 Oct 2018, 22:22

jessinikkip wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 18:23
I am about 25% of the way through the novel right now, having almost immediately chosen to download it after reading what it was about. The part that I liked the most is the interaction of Vince and Trudi. They very much are just a normal couple going about their day in this crazy world of this novel, wondering who is right. The descriptions of people just really brings the characters to light for me. What's rubbing me wrong though is that the NRA is involved in this whole "Arm the Seniors" campaign to the point even assisted living places are taking their residents, and then NOT keeping up with who buys anything. It's like they want their senior residents to start shooting up the place.
I wonder what you thought of the ending? I thought it was interesting how some of the characters changed their minds, and how a few found out first hand what can happen in a social situation. (Trying not to put a spoiler out there...LOL!)

evan1995muniz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evan1995muniz.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by evan1995muniz » 24 Oct 2018, 21:13

I loved the idea of reading about peoples journey after they find out exactly what day that they will die. The gun violence issue was a bit tough for me as i have been involed in ia bad situation where my friend was victim to one of these shootings. So i disliked that aspect and wish there was a bit less enphasis on the gun war stuff.

Thokchom Alice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Thokchom Alice » 30 Oct 2018, 07:21

The plot of the story is very relatable in this present day world where there is a gun culture. I think this book will leave everyone with thoughts.
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!

tazdevil
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tazdevil.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by tazdevil » 03 Dec 2018, 13:39

Final Notice was the best relatable book I’ve read (so far). It creatively, and quite accurately, connects to the way things are in the political and societal scheme today by using a multitude of perspectives. There is also a lot of jumping around in times and perspectives, so if you are someone who enjoys following an almost scattered but not too scattered storyline, then this is perfect. It is perfect for also leaving people wondering what’s to come next. Overall, it’s a great book that gives insight into today’s society, with a sprinkle of bias and creativity.

Analeigh
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-analeigh.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Analeigh » 05 Dec 2018, 20:49

lori_parker2003 wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 09:26
Had trouble getting through the few pages they give to check out the book. Found it slow and I am a pro-gun person so this biased my view I think. Probably will not buy the book to read in full.
I did take the time to read this book and it definitely has left leaning themes and bias throughout the book. The author tends to villainize any gun owner.

MistyH77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by MistyH77 » 05 Jan 2019, 11:52

It was an interesting book. It took me a little while to get into it. I did think it was biased. I am not as liberal as the author seemed to be. I am pro-gun but I am open minded to different opinions. That being said I found the authors take on how people would react to a final notice intriguing. It would have never crossed my mind that people would be inclined to kill people if they knew they were about to die.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”