What can readers learn about friendship through this book?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
happynessc0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happynessc0.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Re: What can readers learn about friendship through this book?

Post by happynessc0 » 07 Oct 2018, 19:12

I learned that I should treasure my friends. I truly feel guilty about this cause I usually don’t invest time with my friends. The book tells readers that having few and valued friends are really important in making a better life.

chelhack
2019 Reading Goal: 65
2018 Reading Goal: 29
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 117
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack » 27 Oct 2018, 11:05

Thus far, while reading this book I believe that things that can be learned about friendship are:

It does not matter the age, color, social status, creed, religion or anything other than finding comfort in an individual,

You never know when, where or how you will meet someone and in them form a lifelong sisterly bond,

That friendship is serious, fun, warm, compassionate and there for you whenever you need it.
Chelsea N. Hackett

Itskai88
2019 Reading Goal: 61
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 1
2018 Reading Goal: 88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Itskai88 » 07 Jan 2019, 14:34

this book is wonderful, friendships are precious and great friends are hard to find. this book makes me realize that i need to be a great friend myself, not to expect too much all the time but to be thankful for what i have with them. sometimes we get so busy with life that we forget to say thank you to friends who find time for us even in their busy lives.

Return to “Discuss "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings”