Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
While in the forum's younger and less active days this used to be the one and only forum for "reviews and discussions about specific books", this is now just the subforum "other fiction" in a more well-organized "reviews and discussions about specific books" section with subforums for each genre. Check it out! :) Remember, the forums in the reviews section (including this forum) are for posting about a single book or series in topic, and the topic title should include the book's title. If you are creating a new topic, please try to post it in one of the other genres rather than posting it here in the "other fiction" section. This is only for books that do not fit in any of the other genre categories we have listed.
teacherjh
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: Time Shot by R.K. Johnson

Re: Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by teacherjh » 21 Aug 2018, 11:43

The mystery catches my attention, but I think the fishing talk would lose me.

mtsnel006
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by mtsnel006 » 22 Sep 2018, 14:59

I did not find the cover for the book to be attractive and inviting, so, I probably would not have chosen to read the book. Having read the review and the sample, I found the book to be nice, but I still will not read it entirely because it focuses on the flying fish sport, and since I am not much of a sporty person, I might not understand some of the things they talk about. But I do think one can learn a lot about these women's personal challenges. Thanks for an interesting review.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”