Review of In It Together

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1687
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Lilly Of The Mountains by D. L. Yoder
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 138%

Review of In It Together

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "In It Together" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Eckhart Aurelius Hughes’ In It Together is a philosophical book that teaches the differences between the real you and the false you. Hughes declares he has three messages he wants to impart: Prove the common unity of struggle exists, define what this unity is, and make a strategy for working together to find inner peace and love. The book shows that the real you cannot be based on any form of possession, uniform, role, or achievement. A brief explanation of the real you, “You are conscious, and you exist. You will always have you, no matter what happens to you, what you do, or do not have.”

The Golden Rule appears several times and brings together what unity should embody. I have always tried to follow this principle, but upon reflection, I acknowledge the error of judging and treating others based on my perceptions of them. If they didn’t deserve my respect, I was disrespectful. This is not the right way to approach life. I am also guilty of the cycle of low self-esteem, which is a different type of selfishness. To find peace, Hughes easily states to stop fighting. However, he goes into detail about how you are fighting yourself. The negative words in your mind do not really define you. So, when I think I am not worth being listened to, then I am lying to myself because I know that isn’t true.

In It Together was a very enlightening book for me. There were some pieces that I thought made little sense at first, but Hughes has a captivating writing style that explains his statement thoroughly. The chapter, There is No Problem of Evil, automatically made me think he was wrong. As I read the chapter, I understood that everything that happens is as it should be. I am the one who must decide how to use the “cards” that are dealt to me and do my best. Unconditional love, acceptance, and forgiveness contribute to gaining the inner peace that is always present within me.

There is nothing negative to mention about In It Together. I have read this book several times, and each time I learn something new about myself. I have used some of the eleven suggestions offered to help gain my inner peace. Letting go of resentment and saying I will do my best has been helpful in overcoming things I used to dwell on. The more I thought about the past, the more I realized I couldn’t do anything to change what happened to me. What I can do is to be present in the here and now to achieve internal happiness. I can’t control what other people have done or what they do now.

I rate In It Together five out of five stars. Hughes provides several examples, ensuring anyone can understand his message. They made me pause to look at myself. By approaching his book with an open mind, I began to understand more about being at peace.

My recommendation for In It Together is to anyone looking to overcome anxiety and to people who wish to find their real selves. The book is professionally edited, has moments that are humorous, and the presentation of the material is not overwhelming. This book would benefit therapists as a way to help patients overcome social anxiety and find inner peace from within.

In It Together
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue
Bookshelf Size: 101
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

Wow that was great. I needed to be reminded of that .Every once in a while we characterise ourselves using our achievements and what we have acquired and when we lose it all it becomes about us and that's not good. This sounds like a good read . You make me want to read this book and I wasnt sure at first if i wanted to. Well done on your creative work.
Be yourself and nothing less

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”