Do you read New Adult or Young Adult fiction?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Include the name of the book, and if possible the author's name, in the title of the topic. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
blossomjin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blossomjin.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Re: Do you read New Adult or Young Adult fiction?

Post by blossomjin » 15 Aug 2018, 21:36

I do enjoy quite a bit of NA fiction myself, but the one fault I do find with it is that they mainly focus on romance. I'm a big fan of the romance genre, but all in all the YA umbrella offers a lot more variety. This lack of diversity may be because NA fiction is still a relatively new genre. I remember reading books which fell under the NA definition even before the genre had a name.

TGreg02
Currently Reading: The Serpents Curse (The Copernicus Legacy)
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by TGreg02 » 16 Aug 2018, 01:58

I love reading Young Adult books from our local library and also in our own collection at home.
I haven't actually heard of the term New Adult before. I enjoy reading Young Adult books since they are quick and easy to read. Some adult books are a bit harder to concentrate on when I'm consistently interrupted.

dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by dianaterrado » 10 Sep 2018, 10:22

I read both but YA more than NA.

bookdragon7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookdragon7.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: B007HCCOIA

Post by bookdragon7 » 15 Sep 2018, 18:00

I just recently heard about this "new adult" fiction and I would definitely be willing to give it a try. I am a huge fan of young adult fiction. It's one of my favorite genres. But I would love to read some from this new genre. Any recommendations?

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”