Official Review: Don't Grow Up To Be A Crack Whore

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
While in the forum's younger and less active days this used to be the one and only forum for "reviews and discussions about specific books", this is now just the subforum "other fiction" in a more well-organized "reviews and discussions about specific books" section with subforums for each genre. Check it out! :) Remember, the forums in the reviews section (including this forum) are for posting about a single book or series in topic, and the topic title should include the book's title. If you are creating a new topic, please try to post it in one of the other genres rather than posting it here in the "other fiction" section. This is only for books that do not fit in any of the other genre categories we have listed.
gumbii2662
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Don't Grow Up To Be A Crack Whore

Post by gumbii2662 » 20 May 2017, 15:10

Well, you've grabbed my attention! I like your review and this book is now on my list!

H0LD0Nthere
Favorite Book: Til We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-h0ld0nthere.html
Latest Review: "Adventures in space & fiction fantasy" by Robin G Howard

Post by H0LD0Nthere » 21 May 2017, 17:28

Sounds like a clever book and a great review. Truly, crack whore is one of parents' worse fears for kids, the reason we sometimes overreact to misbehavior.
Latest Review: "Adventures in space & fiction fantasy" by Robin G Howard

kina
2018 Reading Goal: 15
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 146
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 257
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kina.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B009W9AEOM

Post by kina » 24 May 2017, 10:33

When I first saw the title, I had originally thought it would be a sort of nonfiction book for adults or some sort of biography about the dangers of drugs. Honestly, I'm so glad I was wrong. It sounds like a quick, humorous read. I kind of wish more was included besides the single poem, though.

Riki
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 11
Currently Reading: Middlesex
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riki.html
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey

Post by Riki » 26 May 2017, 20:48

I would love to see a collection of poetry either centered around this piece or the themes presented in this piece. I actually really loved the length of Don't Grow Up To Be a Crack Whore because that's what made it such a quick and humorous read. And maybe the title was pulling a bit of extra attention, because how could anyone pass up that title? But the piece itself is still wonderfully funny and I want more of that humor!
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey

Miss_BeckyG
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 24
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 35
Currently Reading: King Donald Khrump
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Miss_BeckyG » 12 Jan 2019, 23:59

The title does grab one's attention. I want to read it just to get a kick out of it. I do hope the author added a few more pages to it. Great review!
If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads.
–Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”