Health tips, Myths, and Tricks: A Physician's Advice

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Health tips, Myths, and Tricks: A Physician's Advice

Post by Jeyran Main »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of “HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS: A Physician's Advice” by Morton E. Tavel]

Health tips, myths, and tricks is a fitness, well-being and dieting book written by Morton E. Tavel. Within this book, the author offers an insightful look into differentiating between what is fake and real in the health industry. In addition, the author proposes many substitutes to our bad eating habits and provides health advice. The advice and suggestions are all based on either the author’s opinion or the results of numerous studies.

The entire book is divided into three sections, and each section covers many topics such as coffee consumption, the effects of green tea, chocolate being bad or good, foods to avoid, alcohol, smoking, how to lose weight, and much more. Nothing is confusing about the title and what this book offers. They both work hand in hand to assist the reader in providing better choices and knowledge. By the end of the book, you are fully informed and satisfied with knowing the truth about pretty much most health issues.

I found the book to be easy to read and to understand. There is consistency with the flow of the topic in discussion, and each section has a summary to assist the reader with a clear vision and comprehension of what the author wishes you to take from that segment. I particularly enjoyed the myths and tricks. Unfortunately, not everything that I read was unfamiliar. For instance topics such as The consequences of smoking, alcohol usage, pain killers, sleep deprivations, exercise were already a known fact to me, and we hear, read, and are informed about these things all the times. For this reason “I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars."

If you are already in shape and read many health books or online articles, then you may find this book to be repetitive. However, if you are one of those people that barely have time to care for these things, then having a copy of this book is definitely beneficial for you in the long run.

In conclusion, I believe that if the book took a further innovative approach towards medicine and offered information on things not discussed daily in the health industry then, it would benefit a wider audience. Otherwise, I recommend this book to anyone that has not as much knowledge and insight into the world of dieting and health issues.I look forward to reading more on this author in the future.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”