- Posts: 9
- Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 11:27
- Currently Reading: The Underground Railroad
- Bookshelf Size: 26
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alpha-betty.html
Before I Fall is one of only a few I haven't read by Lauren Oliver, though my students recommend it highly. I didn't expect to, but I really enjoyed the Delirium series. I usually don't go for the strong-female-protagonist-in-an-oppressive-world books, but this series was so well-written and the characters had a real human quality missing from so many dystopian series. I also really liked Panic, about a group of high school seniors who compete in a game of dares for the cash prize that might deliver them from their go-nowhere town. So much YA fiction focuses on middle-class or well-off teens and their angst--it was refreshing to read to find a story where the teens had ambitions, but little means to accomplish them, and what that might prompt them to do. I'm looking forward to going back and reading Before I Fall, as well as her new one, Replica.
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 06 Mar 2017, 14:31
- 2017 Reading Goal: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 8
- Bookshelf Size: 358
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrieme.html
- Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane
I thought the Delirium series was alright, but I definitely preferred Before I Fall. Before I Fall was the reason I picked up Delirium in the first place, so I'm glad I happened across it first!
Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane
- Posts: 373
- Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 15:03
- 2018 Reading Goal: 80
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 22
- 2017 Reading Goal: 300
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 28
- Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
- Currently Reading: Sword Art Online: Mother Rosario
- Bookshelf Size: 394
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
- Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami
- Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
- fav_author_id: 2442
I was in a bookstore and Before I Fall and If I stay by Gayle Forman were next to each other. I ended up only purchasing If I Stay, but remembered the authors name and bought Delirium. It was the book that caused me to read her work and now she is my favorite author. Its a really great book. On of her best.
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 16 Aug 2017, 08:05
- 2018 Reading Goal: 60
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 16
- Currently Reading: Final Notice
- Bookshelf Size: 13
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brunettebiblio.html
- Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
I have the Delirium series on my TBR and for some reason I'm just not getting around to it. Same with Vanishing Girls and Replica. In fact, I own all of these! If they're any bit as good as Before I Fall I'm sure I'll like them, I just haven't made them a priority yet.
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 03 Mar 2018, 08:44
- Currently Reading: The Blood of Winter
- Bookshelf Size: 24
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desireerose.html
- Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
I have read the Delirium series. It was a fascinating concept, however, I found the romances to be cheesy and the characters lacking.
- Previous Member of the Month
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 10:43
- Favorite Author: Dana Peters
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 149
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
- Latest Review: Letters From The War by Amanda Bryant
- fav_author_id: 154082
I have only read before I Fall, but I am interested in looking into her other books now.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 10 Sep 2018, 07:32
- Bookshelf Size: 0
Lovely read, I had a great time reading it. Picked up a few words too.