Review of First Born Son

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Searching for St Germaine by GL Franklyn

Review of First Born Son

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "First Born Son" by J Mary Masters.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Indeed, the adage that "money can change people" is a widely held belief, and there might or might not be some truth to it. Financial windfalls, sudden wealth, or even the gradual accumulation of wealth can, in many cases, alter people's behaviors and attitudes. However, it's essential to recognize that this transformation is not solely determined by money itself but rather by the individual's character and the values they uphold.

The story revolves around Dr. Philippe Duval, the central character in this book. Dr. Philippe Duval is a distinguished surgeon whose life takes an unexpected and intriguing turn as he suddenly finds himself amidst great wealth. This transformation fuels the curiosity of those around him, leaving many to ponder the extraordinary stroke of fortune that has graced his life. The newfound wealth he has amassed is so substantial that it opens up the possibility of abandoning his long-revered medical career, a prospect that has tantalizingly emerged. His newly found wealth prompts numerous individuals to seek his friendship, drawn by the allure of his affluence. With the onset of wealth, Dr. Duval transitions from leading a relatively normal life to becoming a media sensation, wherein his personal and private lives are thrust into the spotlight. Yet, at the heart of this story lies a series of questions that loom large in Dr. Duval's future. Will he remain steadfast in the vocation he has always held in reverence, guided by the virtues that have been the cornerstone of his life's journey? Or, in the face of newfound wealth, will he succumb to the temptation of a different path, one that diverges from the principles he has so ardently upheld? The question of whether he will breach the trust of those who have confided in him and who have regarded him as an emblem of moral and professional integrity adds complexity to the story.

First Born Son by J. Mary Masters entails the dynamics of human behavior and relationships as influenced by financial success, which is explored in a realistic and thought-provoking manner. The book is a narrative that skillfully captures the essence of contemporary society. This compelling story unfolds within the fabric of our present-day lives, rendering it relatable to individuals from all walks of life. In a society where the quest for identity, fulfillment, and purpose is ever-present, this book explores the multifaceted nature of the human experience. The themes explored within this story mirror the intricacies of modern existence, offering readers a reflection of their own experiences, emotions, and aspirations. This narrative is one that closely mirrors the experiences of the individuals within our immediate social sphere.

My admiration within the narrative is unequivocally reserved for the character of Walter William Cox IV. Despite being privy to the transgressions of his father and recognizing the injustices committed to Dr. Philippe, Walter William Cox IV steadfastly upheld a moral compass that guided his actions. He displayed great bravery in the decisions he later made.

I couldn't find any aspects of the book that I didn't like. The author exhibits a remarkable skill in crafting well-defined and multi-dimensional characters. The characters in this fascinating story come across as authentic and relatable, making it easy for readers to become emotionally invested in their journeys. The writer takes time to delve into their backgrounds, emotions, and motivations, allowing readers to connect with and understand the characters on a deep level. The book is a thought-provoking exploration of wealth, ethics, and the impact of newfound fortune on personal and professional life.

The book is excellently edited. I rate this captivating story five out of five stars because the author excelled at evoking strong emotions in her readers. The characters' struggles, dilemmas, and relationships resonate with readers on a personal level, eliciting a wide range of emotions. This book evoked my emotions in different ways, based on what the characters were doing. I had mixed emotions of hatred and pity for some of the characters. I recommend this book to contemporary fiction enthusiasts, fans of realistic fiction, and those who enjoy stories that revolve around family dynamics, secrets, and the impact of past decisions on the present.

First Born Son
View: on Bookshelves
Miracle Oge Adaeze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-oge-adaeze.html
Latest Review: The Maple Seed Helicopter by Marco Collina

Post by Miracle Oge Adaeze »

Walter William Cox IV seems like an impressionable character. You have made me see reasons to look out for him in the book. Thank you for the review.
Cara Wilding
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Sierra Six
Currently Reading: Global Vice
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-wilding.html
Latest Review: Family Business by James Jack Fauser
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Cara Wilding »

EBERE WRITES CONCEPT wrote: 18 Oct 2023, 20:34 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "First Born Son" by J Mary Masters.]

Indeed, the adage that "money can change people" is a widely held belief, and there might or might not be some truth to it. Financial windfalls, sudden wealth, or even the gradual accumulation of wealth can, in many cases, alter people's behaviors and attitudes. However, it's essential to recognize that this transformation is not solely determined by money itself but rather by the individual's character and the values they uphold.

The story revolves around Dr. Philippe Duval, the central character in this book. Dr. Philippe Duval is a distinguished surgeon whose life takes an unexpected and intriguing turn as he suddenly finds himself amidst great wealth. This transformation fuels the curiosity of those around him, leaving many to ponder the extraordinary stroke of fortune that has graced his life. The newfound wealth he has amassed is so substantial that it opens up the possibility of abandoning his long-revered medical career, a prospect that has tantalizingly emerged. His newly found wealth prompts numerous individuals to seek his friendship, drawn by the allure of his affluence. With the onset of wealth, Dr. Duval transitions from leading a relatively normal life to becoming a media sensation, wherein his personal and private lives are thrust into the spotlight. Yet, at the heart of this story lies a series of questions that loom large in Dr. Duval's future. Will he remain steadfast in the vocation he has always held in reverence, guided by the virtues that have been the cornerstone of his life's journey? Or, in the face of newfound wealth, will he succumb to the temptation of a different path, one that diverges from the principles he has so ardently upheld? The question of whether he will breach the trust of those who have confided in him and who have regarded him as an emblem of moral and professional integrity adds complexity to the story.

The book is excellently edited. I rate this captivating story five out of five stars because the author excelled at evoking strong emotions in her readers. The characters' struggles, dilemmas, and relationships resonate with readers on a personal level, eliciting a wide range of emotions. This book evoked my emotions in different ways, based on what the characters were doing. I had mixed emotions of hatred and pity for some of the characters. I recommend this book to contemporary fiction enthusiasts, fans of realistic fiction, and those who enjoy stories that revolve around family dynamics, secrets, and the impact of past decisions on the present.
This sounds very dramatic! Your review itself elicits an emotional excitement; to feel hate and pity for these characters clearly demonstrates how well the author evoked reader emotions. I'm already invested, I want to know if he stays true to his profession and calling or if he changes irrevocably. This made me think of what it might be like for lottery winners. It has to be somewhat of a nightmare in some senses! For an otherwise successful person with a venerable occupation, makes this more inspiring of a read. As always, I enjoyed reading your review, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this one!
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Marina Flisvou »

I appreciate your thoughtful analysis of the central character. It's clear that the book delves deep into the dynamics of contemporary society and offers readers a relatable reflection of the human experience. You said the author did a great job making the characters feel real and easy to understand. Your rating tells me this is a fantastic book that can make readers feel different emotions. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Marina
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Dragonfly by Shirlae A Carruthers

Post by Veronica Hunter »

The exploration of wealth's transformative power in this narrative is thought-provoking, reminding readers that money, though influential, cannot redefine one's core values.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”