For November 2015, we will be reading a Historical Fiction novel.
- Posts: 1475
- Joined: 02 Apr 2016, 09:52
- 2017 Reading Goal: 300
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 32
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
- Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
- Bookshelf Size: 509
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
- Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
- Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
susan1 wrote:I loved The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. After reading the book, I used this an introduction to World War II and The Holocaust. My students were so full of questions. We read the book together which lead to more questions. Then we watched the movie.
As for a Civil War book, Glory or the Blue and Gray series. Glory is a story of an African American Regiment that fought for the Union during the Civil War. Blue and Gray series tell the story of families split by political belief.
Yes I liked this one as well.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 12 May 2016, 22:34
- Bookshelf Size: 24
I have to say my favorite historical fiction work has to be Little Women. I must have read that book a thousand times. I also enjoyed Les Miserables once someone let me read an English translation.