Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 12 May 2019, 19:07
- 2019 Reading Goal: 30
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 56
- Currently Reading: World Without End
- Bookshelf Size: 445
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luz0928.html
- Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
I always get sleepy when I read in bed, so I usually read a little before going to sleep to get that awesome sleepy sensation and relaxation to get a good night sleep. The time depends on how tired I got home from work really.
- Posts: 602
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 10:12
- 2019 Reading Goal: 50
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 28
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 36
- 2017 Reading Goal: 0
- Currently Reading: Strong Heart
- Bookshelf Size: 69
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
- Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter
Yes I do at times but it happens when I read my coursework (don't get me wrong because I do love studying) but I have never slept while reading a novel. Until today I have no reason as to why it happens so.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
- Member of the Month
- Posts: 1333
- Joined: 04 Feb 2019, 15:00
- 2019 Reading Goal: 40
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
- Favorite Author: Garth Nix
- Favorite Book: A Murder is Announced
- Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Bookshelf Size: 195
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
- Latest Review: Daughter of Athena by A. Rose
- Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
- fav_author_id: 4351
Yeah but depending on what I'm reading that doesn't really stop me.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
- Posts: 87
- Joined: 03 May 2019, 07:33
- 2019 Reading Goal: 20
- Currently Reading: The Biography of Her
- Bookshelf Size: 60
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskins.html
- Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers
Yes! And it seems so random some nights it puts me out in 10-15 minutes others I can read until 2am. It could even be the same book.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book." -J.K. Rowling
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 22 May 2019, 15:21
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 22
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-april-ruvs.html
- Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Oh wow just yesterday I fell asleep while reading ended up drooling all over my phone
"Trust the wisdom of your soul it knows the way" unknown
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 05 Mar 2019, 05:42
- 2019 Reading Goal: 25
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 20
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
- Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
For me, it absolutely depends on the book I'm reading. Even if I'm tired, I can push through the sleepiness if the book is really good. I've absolutely accidentally pulled all-nighters before when I just couldn't put the book down. But if I'm just not feeling the book, I'll start to feel sleepy, like my body is telling me to go to something else otherwise it's naptime.