Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lamb of God
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lamb-of-god.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Lamb of God »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Matthew Tysz's We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is the opening installment of a seven-book series. The story is set in the fictional land of Voulhire and is filled with magic, politics, and unexpected twists. As the first book in the series, I found the ending to be particularly surprising and not at all what I had anticipated. The book explores different parts of Voulhire and introduces readers to the various characters and their roles in the political landscape. The story centers around King Wilhelm and Midius Maido, leader of the Mianoran Council, as they navigate a power struggle for control of Voulhire. The Mianoran Council must ensure that the king's decisions are in the best interest of the realm rather than for his personal gain.

I found this fantasy novel to be an enjoyable read with a well-structured plot. The author, Matthew, skillfully incorporates various fantasy elements, such as an imagined world named Voulhire. The locations in the story are described in detail, and the reader comes to know the kingdom well thanks to a map included in the book. The characters are well-crafted, and there are also mages present in the story. Matthew has created unique words for this novel, which adds to the overall interest, and there is a glossary provided at the end of the book. The last portion of the book, around 50 pages, was particularly exciting and action-packed, making it difficult to put down. I am eager to read the next novel in the series to learn more about Galen Bray's story.

As a lover of fantasy, I was ecstatic to dive into a new enchanted realm. The author had made it clear that this book was not your typical novel but rather a prelude to a much larger fantasy world. With this perspective, I found the book to be an intriguing and well-crafted introduction. The country of Voulhire was depicted in a clear and simple way, but with enough detail to make it feel alive. The magic system was an interesting aspect of the story, with its unique approach and enough questions left unanswered to leave me wanting to know more. The characters were richly diverse, but it took a bit of time to get to know them as the story switched perspectives frequently in the beginning. However, as the story progressed, it settled on two main characters, which made it easier to follow. The story was shrouded in mystery, which kept me guessing and intrigued throughout my reading journey.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. The book was exceptionally edited. I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars

I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy reading fantasy novels.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”