Review of This May Be Difficult to Read

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Review of This May Be Difficult to Read

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "This May Be Difficult to Read" by Claire N. Rubman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We read so easily that we lose sight of how difficult reading actually is. There isn't an "infant Einstein" in real life. Have you ever wondered what a word looks like to a beginning reader? Children are constrained by a number of obstacles that prevent them from becoming literate. This book demonstrates what becoming literate looks like from a child's perspective. Additionally, this book demonstrates the sequential steps that involve decoding, making inferences, and understanding the context of a text, all of which can help a youngster permanently grasp reading. Read Claire N. Rubman's This May Be Difficult to Read to help in the cognitive development of your child.

Claire N. Rubman's presentation of this book is, in my opinion, just fantastic. In between chapters that explain to readers the stages of a child's growth, she relates her personal experience with her rule-bound son, Joshua, who was only 4 years old at the time. After just learning about a developmental stage, reading about her son's experience was rewarding. Readers may more clearly picture how her newfound understanding of child psychology functions through her son's narrative.

The graphics in this book, which range from instructional tools to in-depth biological images of various human body parts, including the brain, cell walls, neurons, and so forth, are another feature that helped to make it so distinctive. This is necessary to explain further the material being relayed to a larger audience, as well as to entice readers.

The theme of "Myth" and "Myth Buster," which runs throughout the book from the first to the thirteenth chapter, is another thing that I found to be incredibly appealing. At the beginning and end of each chapter, the word "Myth" is shown above the phrase "Myth Buster." The chapter's opening "Myth" is just a theory presented. The same theory is offered in the "Myth," which is presented at the conclusion. Then comes "Myth Buster," which, following the discussion in that particular chapter, merely indicates whether the theory is true or incorrect.

I found nothing objectionable in this book. I would never have understood a child with my surface knowledge. Thanks to this book, I learned that children's perspectives are quite different from adults'. To understand them, we should try seeing things from their point of view.

Additionally, I found no errors in this work; it was exceptionally edited. As a result, I rate This May Be Difficult to Read 5 out of 5 stars. This book covers a wide range of topics that everyone should be aware of, from English phonetics to biology to physiology, etc. Overall, it's a book that both young and old should read because it's informative. Your eyes will be opened to aspects of child development that were previously unknown by reading this book.

This May Be Difficult to Read
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Britney Daniels
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Britney Daniels »

This is such a good book honestly and i would love to learn more about child perspectives.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

I love that this book has visual images in it; that way, I get to see things the way the author wants them to be seen.
Jydel
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Currently Reading: Diary of a wimpy kid
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jydel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Jydel »

This is my kind of book and would love to read it. It's true that how we perceive things is totally different from how kids do. Knowledge is power and anything to help us with our kids is welcome. Nice review.
Nganyi Humphrey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nganyi-humphrey.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Nganyi Humphrey »

Having seen his book enables one to understand the aspects of child development, I feel obliged to read it. This is essential for the better upbringing of my child.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I hardly handle kids sometimes. It takes a lot of patience. We, adults, perceive differently than kids, of course. This book seems to teach me what kids' perception is! Wonderful review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

Claire N. Rubman's This May Be Difficult to Read demonstrates the sequential steps that involve decoding, making inferences, and understanding the context of a text, all of which can help a youngster permanently grasp reading. That's amazing. Thanks for a great review!
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

I love that this book has many topics like phonetics and physiology. This is very informative and I guess it is worth reading even if in our family we don’t have a young child of developing age. Thank for the great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”