Review by Leslie Kunde of In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All | "I read the book a second time"

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Review by Leslie Kunde of In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All | "I read the book a second time"

Post by Leslie Kunde »

[Following is a volunteer review of "In It Together" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes is an in-depth view of the human struggle to understand ourselves. Like a fine painting that has set in storage for too long collecting dust, we must gently wipe the dust away to see the beautiful truth beneath. With each chapter, the painting clears. Thus, revealing the subtle hue that is our soul. Many people have attempted to show this painting to the world through the years. In the past, I think the limited ability to convey the shades and tones of the picture stopped them from achieving what Mr. Hughes has. He has managed to boil everything down to a simple yet profound truth. The soul connects us all. Much like Timber Hawkeye in his book The Opposite of Namaste, he is showing you how to recognize the soul which is you and how to see the same soul in others. Striping away that final layer of dust, allowing one to see that everyone regardless of where in the world they live, their color, money, position, or possessions, we are the same. 

I loved the wide variety of quotes in this book. The depth and breadth of his research indicates his understanding of a wide range of subjects. This is not a quick self-help book. Nor is it a philosophy or science book. It is an everything ties together book. The three sections of the book work to unite us in this divided world. I read the book a second time, soaking in the undertones and highlights that I missed the first time. I think a third reading would take me even deeper. The quicker we realize we are all in this world together, the better. The parts of the book discussing the children torn my heart. It was a good way to make the reader engage the inner self concept of soul. The idea that we, as a worldwide connected soul, need to do more hits hard. 

I cannot say a truly bad word about this work. I could say it needed to be longer, or shorter depending on my mood, but the truth is it is just the right length. When you step on the path of finding your inner self, it can be rough. I will admit to struggling occasionally with the concept he was trying to get across. 

While self-help, philosophy, science, metaphysical and other subjects are touched on in this book, I do not think it fits any single genre. I would buy this book for anyone that enjoys philosophy, metaphysics, self-help or motivational books.  

The book definitely ranks a 4 out of 4 stars . The writing flows with ease and the editing is superb. From the beautiful cover to the last page, the work is excellent. 

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Barnes and Noble (Available in Hardcover and on Nook)

Nina Vanderbilt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-vanderbilt.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nina Vanderbilt »

Beautiful review... I think I will read this work next
Eden Ige 1
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eden-ige-1.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Eden Ige 1 »

:) I really enjoyed your review. In It Together by Eckhart Hughes is an wonderful book with a lot of lessons to learn in it. This book is a must-read. This is a good review.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

This book seems like a great amalgamation of self-help, philosophy, and the human psyche, also inadvertently coming across as a motivational book which is not a bad thing at all. Loved reading your review! I look forward to reading the book.
Samina Moiyadi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Unlight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samina-moiyadi.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Samina Moiyadi »

I am not much into non-fiction books but your review is compelling enough to make me want to read it.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

I find pleasure In thought provoking books and this1 sounds like a book I could enjoy reading. The struggles we come accross in life can get to be too demading of our ourselves, that includes our minds and souls too. Thus, having books like this1 can be helpful. This book sounds like one unique motivational book that brings people together.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”