Official Review: The blood bath has begun, are we too lat...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile771
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 257
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares
2022 Reading Goal: 40
2022 Goal Completion: 75%

Official Review: The blood bath has begun, are we too lat...

Post by Nqobile771 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The blood bath has begun, are we too late to save humanity?" by Farzana Prior.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The COVID-19 pandemic unexpectedly gripped the world and thrust it into uncharted waters. How did we get to this point? Were there no warning signs? What can we do to better prepare for future pandemics? The Blood Bath Has Begun, are we too late to save humanity? by Farzana Prior attempts to answer these questions.

The book explores the social, environmental, political, and economic challenges faced by humanity. Amongst these issues are pandemics, food security, sustainable energy, politics, and environmental protection.

The book attributes the relationship that humans have with animals and plants to the challenges faced by humanity today. According to the author, human activities have dire negative impacts on animals and plants. For instance, the author cites that deforestation results in the loss of habitats for wild animals and plants. As a result, animals are forced to migrate to areas that are not conducive to their wellbeing. These conditions cause extreme stress to animals, resulting in their viruses multiplying.

Although the book is laden with scientific content, the author used language that is easy to comprehend. I found this to be thoughtful as it caters to the general public. Also, the use of bright images added to the book’s visual appeal.

What I liked about the book is that it is solution-driven and offers practical solutions to challenges facing humanity. To address sustainable energy challenges, the author explores sustainable, creative, and alternative energy generating methods and lists countries which have made great strides in achieving energy sustainability.

Despite the vast and diverse range of topics covered in this book, the topics were seamlessly merged and the structure was coherent. The book was exceptionally edited with no profanity, and I did not come across any grammatical or typographical errors.

As Theodore Roosevelt so eloquently puts it, “To waste, to destroy our natural resources, to skin and exhaust the land instead of using it so as to increase its usefulness, will result in undermining in the days of our children the very prosperity which we ought by right to hand down to them amplified and developed.“ The onus is on all of us as humans to protect, preserve, and conserve our planet. While this book will appeal mostly to environmentalists, I recommend it to all readers. It covers a wide range of topics that will cater to different readers. I am delighted to award the book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

The blood bath has begun, are we too late to save humanity?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: The Guiding Eyes by Michael J Till

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I'm glad with the fact that th book is proffers solution to challenges that we face. Great review.
Bookworm101520
Currently Reading: Dead Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm101520.html
Latest Review: Crooked Creek: A Comedy about Writer's Block and a Neurotic Home Owners Association by Fredrick Robertson

Post by Bookworm101520 »

This book sounds intense! I'd be interested to see the solutions that the author offers. Thanks for a great review!
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: The Therapeutic Zoo by William Munns

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your nice review. This book is quite trendy, as it explores the relationship between humans and nature. Since we have done harm to Mother Nature for centuries, is it finally our turn to suffer the consequence?
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

Wow. I'd love to see how this book addresses the dynamics of human relations with their environment, and the role it plays in making the world free of plagues. Beautiful review.
Jennifer Aldo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-aldo.html
Latest Review: War Tower by Joseph Leo DeCelle

Post by Jennifer Aldo »

I don't think I'd like to read a pandemic themed novel. But great review by the way.
Nqobile771
Currently Reading:

Post by Nqobile771 »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 05:27 I'm glad with the fact that th book is proffers solution to challenges that we face. Great review.
It offers a wide range of solutions, and that is exactly what we need. It is good and well to highlight issues but we need solutions as well. Thanks for reading the review!
Nqobile771
Currently Reading:

Post by Nqobile771 »

Jennifer Aldo wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 12:32 I don't think I'd like to read a pandemic themed novel. But great review by the way.
Thanks for taking the time to read the review!
Nqobile771
Currently Reading:

Post by Nqobile771 »

Adanna Inya wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 01:10 Wow. I'd love to see how this book addresses the dynamics of human relations with their environment, and the role it plays in making the world free of plagues. Beautiful review.
I hope you'll get a chance to read the book. It is an eye-opener! Thanks for taking the time to read the review!
Nqobile771
Currently Reading:

Post by Nqobile771 »

Sou Hi wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 21:13 Thanks for your nice review. This book is quite trendy, as it explores the relationship between humans and nature. Since we have done harm to Mother Nature for centuries, is it finally our turn to suffer the consequence?
Unfortunately, we are reaping what we continuously sow. Thanks for taking the time to read the review!
Nqobile771
Currently Reading:

Post by Nqobile771 »

Bookworm101520 wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 14:49 This book sounds intense! I'd be interested to see the solutions that the author offers. Thanks for a great review!
It does delve into intense dynamics but it is worth reading. Thanks for taking the time to read the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”