Official Review: Leverage Meditation by Teddy A. Ortega

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: Wake Up and Win, America by Patrick Carolus Melus

Official Review: Leverage Meditation by Teddy A. Ortega

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Leverage Meditation" by Teddy A. Ortega.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Everyone wants to succeed and achieve their goals. Today, most people are searching for how to become better, positively affect their world, and proffer solutions to human or personal problems. To that end, they set goals; the goals could be big or small. However, many methods have been propounded by experts on how to set and achieve goals, motivate yourself to succeed, and create the kind of life you want. Teddy A. Ortega explains a unique method that is sure to help the reader set, strategize, and achieve their life's purpose in Leverage Meditation: Redefine Your Life's Purpose.

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it and I shall move the world" is a quote by the great mathematician, Archimedes of Syracuse. In achieving your goals, Teddy Ortega shows how you can implement the concept of leveraging more accurately and effectively.

Imagine yourself as a filmmaker; you decide the actors' actions, write the scripts, and get all the equipment you need for the movie. You determine the outcome of the film because everything is under your control. Now, see your life as the blockbuster movie you are making, and you like the movie maker. You have control over how this movie ends. Could there be any other thing you need for this movie — your life — to succeed?

I classify this book as a self-help book. It shows the reader how to achieve their life's purpose. The author uses leverage to explain how one can achieve their goals — things they need or can do to make it easier to achieve their goals. He talks about different kinds of leverage, such as the calendar leverage, dedicated doctor leverage, torchlight bearer leverage, and God's love leverage. The reader can apply these leverages to different circumstances to achieve their goals.

I liked how the author used his experience as a computer programmer to buttress specific points in this book. He used a lot of real-life examples and stories to explain every idea, and it made the book relatable. I especially liked the case of relational databases and programming of the mind.

While I enjoyed reading this book because of the new ideas the author presented, it seemed to have been written or edited in a hurry. While there were few typographical errors, the formatting and arrangement of the book were worrisome. From the acknowledgment section to the foreword section, the book was not arranged properly. The page that had the end of the foreword also had the table of contents. Chapters were not appropriately organized; sometimes, I couldn't tell when I entered another chapter. Some chapter titles were written in bold, while others were written like a line of text.

I suggest the book be edited thoroughly. Not everyone would enjoy the book because the author used a lot of computing jargon and stories; there were even some code lines in the book. The author also talked about God as the most potent leverage that could lead to the best outcome. Though he didn't promote the supremacy of any religion, he believed that God existed, and he emphasized the importance of prayer. So, if you have a problem with these religious allusions, you should take a pass on this one.

I would rate Leverage Meditation: Redefine Your Life's Purpose three out of four stars due to the editing issues and the flagrant use of jargons. I recommend this book to those seeking better methods of achieving their life's purpose.

Leverage Meditation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
BraItu
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braitu.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by BraItu »

The book seems quite interesting due to the fact that there's motivation in regard of finding yourself, archiving goals, also getting to know the purpose of life as a whole. Thank you for the great review
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

Beautiful review! :clap: :clap:
This sounds like a great self-help book that I'd like to read, but I've never finished any self-help book 😩.
Live and let live, baby.
Kent Mush Harvey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kent Mush Harvey »

This'll really helps people. Such an amazing content for this kind of book. It'd be better for a person who need to have kind of books like this. Especially to motivate their selves to keep going for what they've dream.
Last edited by Kent Mush Harvey on 22 Aug 2020, 09:25, edited 2 times in total.
Miks_solon
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Miks_solon »

I'm eager on getting my own copy. Meditation has been my thing when the quarantine began. Thanks for your review.
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

It is a good self help book. But I may not go for it cuz I have another one that is pretty much like this one.
Doziesixtus
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doziesixtus.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Doziesixtus »

AnnOgochukwu wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 04:54 Beautiful review! :clap: :clap:
This sounds like a great self-help book that I'd like to read, but I've never finished any self-help book 😩.
WHY???
They are really helpful. They've made me to be more productive than ever.
Doziesixtus
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doziesixtus.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Doziesixtus »

I've read a lot of self-help books, and a great number of them didn't reach expectations. The author presents his ideas from the perspective of leveraging tools from mundane tasks around us. It's like to read this to have a better insight of his approach. Thanks for this nice review Sam.
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

:D
Doziesixtus wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 02:45
AnnOgochukwu wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 04:54 Beautiful review! :clap: :clap:
WHY???
They are really helpful. They've made me to be more productive than ever.
I know that are really good and helpful. The little I've read of them has been of great help to me. But I only realized that I've never finished one😩. I'll try to repent of that terrible habit.
Live and let live, baby.
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

I like that his concepts could be related to his life experiences.
Nice review
Clancy193
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clancy193.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Clancy193 »

Unique methods on how to set goals and achieve them. That would be great. Having this on my shelf right away! Nice review!
Clancy193
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clancy193.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Clancy193 »

This sounds like an intriguing book to read. The book's title piqued my interest. Your review is Nice. It gave me a glimpse of what I want to know about the book.
Kola+wole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kola-wole.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kola+wole »

We all need a leverage or leverages in order to move ahead in life. Apart from the editing and computing jargons, this would make a great read. Thanks for your well written review.
NdiSwaziPride
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NdiSwaziPride »

Self- help book indeed. This is exactly what this generation needs. There is a lot of brokeness and everyone is going on with life as if everything is perfect. I wonder what will become of us in the near future! Laziness to invest in ourselves, increase our knowledge and build ourselves emotionally by reading these self-help books that actually help us all to fix ourselves in the long run.
Uzo_Reviews
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Goal setting remains one of the things I find tiring. I think this book will be of great help. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”