Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
HeatDods22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatdods22.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by M. Street

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Post by HeatDods22 »

I thought this was a great book! It was very encouraging to hear people's stories and how God helped them through their troubling times. I really liked how the author added his own thoughts after each story. The Bible verses were also very encouraging. It was very helpful to me that at the end of each story, they stated verses helpful to those specific problems so as to be more individualized.
There were times that the book would get a little dry but the author would quickly remedy that.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone, not just those going through a struggling time. Grace Revealed is helpful even when life is great to remind us how we can rely solely on God when trials come.
Latest Review: Metaphase by M. Street

M Deedee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-deedee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by M Deedee »

I like the subject of Grace and seeing it as a subject in this book makes me excited to read it. I'm just starting the book and with these opinion about it, I might as well complete it. But so far, I'm enjoying it.
Don't say it's Impossible if you haven't given it a try.
Deedee

Rwill0988
2019 Reading Goal: 46
Currently Reading: Second Foundation
Bookshelf Size: 411
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Rwill0988 »

book_fanatic_ wrote:
03 May 2020, 07:45
The topics covered by the author through short stories are common and thus, people could relate themselves. This helps people to find the soothing feel about God's grace and his blessing over everyone. The book tends to encourage and motivate people to keep moving ahead, overcoming the difficulties and finding His grace. I've not finished the book yet but loved it so far.

I'm curious if these short stories are only relatable to Christian readers or can those who are spiritual or of another faith? Is it possible to still gain motivation or wisdom from this book?
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by book_fanatic_ »

Rwill0988 wrote:
21 May 2020, 19:41
book_fanatic_ wrote:
03 May 2020, 07:45
The topics covered by the author through short stories are common and thus, people could relate themselves. This helps people to find the soothing feel about God's grace and his blessing over everyone. The book tends to encourage and motivate people to keep moving ahead, overcoming the difficulties and finding His grace. I've not finished the book yet but loved it so far.

I'm curious if these short stories are only relatable to Christian readers or can those who are spiritual or of another faith? Is it possible to still gain motivation or wisdom from this book?
I'm a Non-Christian myself and the book motivated me in the same way as it would do any Christian reader. The religious tone just adds charm to the spiritual theme that author intends to convey; it doesn't act as a barrier.

Sydney Nyamasoka
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 68
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-nyamasoka.html
Latest Review: The Necessity of Finance by Dr. Anthony M. Criniti IV

Post by Sydney Nyamasoka »

I have not yet read this book but the topic of Grace has been viewed and interpreted in different and sometimes confusing ways. The major problem I have personally known has been about Grace invalidating the Law. It would be good if this particular book clarifies the matter in light of the major differing views whilst pointing to the real meaning of Grace.
Search for, and find, real meaning in life and live purposefully.

Adedayo+23
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 82
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adedayo-23.html
Latest Review: Benson's Plan by Winston Legge

Post by Adedayo+23 »

Kayla-S-M1 wrote:
03 May 2020, 21:46
I really enjoyed how much emphasis the author puts on how attainable forgiveness is! It's really inspiring, especially for people who fear that they have run out of places to turn to. My only problem was the repeated mention of sexual abuse without a real trigger warning, but other than that, I think the book was well written and informative. I would recommend to others, regardless of their religious background. It is always interesting to learn about other faiths!! :D
I’m yet to read the book. With a theme like this, I’m curious to learn from the author's point of view. I agree that there’s much to gain from learning about other faiths.
"Destiny struggles to reassert the pattern that was meant to be." ~ Lightning by Dean Koontz :tiphat:

Cardinalsparrow
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cardinalsparrow.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Cardinalsparrow »

As a Christian, I find the book very uplifting. The stories are very inspirational.
Some books are to be tasted , others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested-- Francis Bacon

Sharma Priyanka
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f**k
Currently Reading: The god of small thing
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Sharma Priyanka »

This book emphasis on the believes on god. How god is there for us to treat as their own child in every situation.

Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

I have not completed the book but its really appealing to me and may complete it within a couple of days.

Budhal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-budhal.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Budhal »

I love reading books with spiritual content and enlightenment. I would love to read and review this book.
[/color]What isn't said is as important as what is said.

Wordlessly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordlessly.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Wordlessly »

A good book for exploring the spirituality and faith of a person. I rarely read such books but it sounds inspirational and enlightening. Would love to pick it soon.

Nelson Chocha
Favorite Book: The Butter Knife Theory
Currently Reading: ABM is B2B
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-chocha.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Nelson Chocha »

This book is a wonderful package for people dealing with work related stress, bad addictions and general anxiety.On the other hand each character in this book uses the experience to helpe others overcome situations related to their experience. This book is a Life Coach, that is why i rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

siusantos
2019 Reading Goal: 300
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siusantos.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer
Reading Device: B01FJT7N4W

Post by siusantos »

Most of the books that deals with religion usually preach. But with this book, based on the reviews, I am delighted that that is not the case. I like the fact that the stories inspire without being too hard in making the readers to be believers with the snap of the finger.

rhendel
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: Talking As Fast As I Can
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhendel.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by rhendel »

I was unsure about reading this book because I don’t often enjoy reading about religion, but after seeing all these reviews I think it’ll definitely be next on my list! I’m most interested to read about the attainability and power of forgiveness, as that‘s one of the most important things humans can do for one another.

OJ Duogo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oj-duogo.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by OJ Duogo »

I am currently reading this book and the few pages I have turned have not disappointed. I am familiar with the scriptures so far I'm also enjoying the shot individual stories in it. This book is really encouraging and in my opinion, it can help those dealing with stress and anxiety.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”