Official Review: Pity the Devil's Wife by W. Hanelan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Compelling American Conversations by Eric H. Roth and Toni Aberson and Hal Bogotch

Re: Official Review: Pity the Devil's Wife by W. Hanelan

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

It's nice to see your review. I read just a few first pages from this book and I didn't really like it. Thank you for the review.

M Deedee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-deedee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by M Deedee »

Sounds like a whole lot of plot with intense activities. The mixture of demonic with murder and investigation with suspense is a rare one but I will pass on this as it's not my genre of interest. Great review though.
Don't say it's Impossible if you haven't given it a try.
Deedee

FEislandqueen13
2019 Reading Goal: 10
Currently Reading: The 19th Bladesman
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feislandqueen13.html
Latest Review: Veil of Secrecy by Margaret Franceschini

Post by FEislandqueen13 »

Wow! You make it seem as if it would be a crime not to read this suspenseful book. What a thorough, exciting and persuasive review! Great job. :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
:eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss

Savannah M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannah-m.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Savannah M »

Great review! With those stories of psychological thriller and demonic rituals and a lot more, I've been definitely hooked. You got me reading this!

Jessluvs2read3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessluvs2read3.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Jessluvs2read3 »

I love psychological thrillers and murder mysteries! The idea of twins is also intriguing. I find the mental bond between twins fascinating. Add the element of satanic rituals combined with conspiracy theories and this book is right up my alley. Great review! I'm going to add this to my bookshelf!

Radhika_puri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-puri.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Radhika_puri »

The book seems to be a physiological thriller containing lots of mystery. The title of the book only attracts me to read it. I would love to read it. It’s a great review.

Kelyn
2019 Reading Goal: 35
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 188
Currently Reading: Untold Deception
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelyn.html
Latest Review: The Druids by Ilene Birkwood
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Kelyn »

I tend to enjoy psychological thrillers, and with this one having hints of sci-fi and the paranormal, it sounds like a perfect fit. Having twins myself, I'm also partial to stories about them. Let's hope they're not mistreated too badly in this book. I look forward to reading it! Amazing review, thanks for the recommendation!

sylvia+cummings
Currently Reading: Yellow Beard & The Curse Of The Bloodline
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by sylvia+cummings »

Pity the Devil's Wife is a Triller of different twist and turns. At first it depicted about a ship sweeping between the costal coty of Ventura and East Anacapa, it tells of volcanic island milea off the coast. It depicts how the sea swells as explosions of a combination of large waves and volcanic explosions, raeching costal waters due south of Santa Barbra. It alsodepicts abot the weather conditions. It says about the VHFmarine radio onboard of the boat. It was a go-fast boat with crusting waves at top speed of seventy-four miles per hour.
It tells of the marketing of drugs to different destinations. Guerra had been taking contract work, smuggling of drugs. He tried to escape U S Costal Guards
Another ship with similar intentions was The Tai P eng Vin, 125 foot cargo ship. It smuggled people from China (120 persons ) paying 25,000US$. The immigrants was caught up in a web of debt and violence.
When The Tai Peng Yin sailed into Los Angeles harbour, three weeks later, The U S Customs Service detained all the ships passengers until their VISA was cleared bt Customs Agents.
At twins ranch in Chapter 3 depicted a dog and its owner on a ranch. There were other doga there but this particular dog was different from the rest. There were a bit of storm on the ranch. The dog was called Scoutt by the owner. His name was Rainy. He plaid his harmonica after supper.
In addition he listened to blues coming fromthe juke box which he sang along. The next door neighbor was concerned of not seeing Rainy to the doctor .

cindyr2416
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 36
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio
Bookshelf Size: 607
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyr2416.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by cindyr2416 »

Great review. I love crime and and psychological thrillers. A doctor finding a body on the farm and a patient going down for the murder. Are they really innocent? I can’t wait to read it.

Galarneau
Currently Reading: Beyond the Higher Ground
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-galarneau.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Galarneau »

Great review. A psychological thriller with murder, terrorism, satanic rituals, and mental illness combine to make for an interesting read. The author does a fantastic job depicting the voices and delusions of a patient with PSD, Psychosis Spectrum Disorder. Congratulations on BOTD.

interstellar88
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-interstellar88.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by interstellar88 »

This psychological thriller seems super intriguing and I’m especially interested about the twins and their connection to PSD. It seems like this compelling murder mystery/thriller would keep you on the edge of your seat.

CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

You really sold this book well. This book sounds like a great blend of science and mystery and psychological thriller with well-developed characters. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

diyosamikaela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by diyosamikaela »

Mystery, horror and science fiction always peaks my curiosity plus the way you tell the overview hits my excitement hard! I'm currently downloading the book in my kindle and I can't wait to read it! Great review!

Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

Everything I expected from this book was in it. contrats on book f the day

DBNJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbnj.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by DBNJ »

A complelling psychological thriller novel consisting science fiction, romance, crime, and mystery all together. Informative and very well written review as well!
‘In a world that increasingly obsesses over the gods of power, money, and fame, a writer must remain detached, like a bird on a rail, watching, noting, probing, commenting, but never joining. In short, an outsider.”

-Fredrick Forsyth

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”