Review by kperm -- The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kperm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer by Julie Penshorn

Review by kperm -- The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer

Post by kperm » 06 Jan 2020, 22:25

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer" by Julie Penshorn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer, written by Julie Penshorn, is a wonderful book for children. The story has a very important message. It teaches children to be friendly and understand the situations that other people are going through. Julie Penshorn wrote this lovely book to motivate parents and teachers to discuss with children that other people, such as immigrants and refugees, should be treated with empathy and kindness.

The main character of The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer is a dog named Blue. Blue's family left the town because the water turned bad, and he was left alone. Blue was cold, thirsty, and hungry. Finally, he stumbled across a barn. Blue crawled under the fence and met Portland, a nice pig. Portland was very welcoming and offered to share his food with Blue. Some of the animals were not very nice to Blue and were afraid of him. However, Portland and Mrs. McCloud convinced them to let Blue spent the night at the barn. They were all worried about what would happen if Jim, the farmer, saw Blue. Is Jim going to let Blue stay at the barn, or is he going to kick him out?

What I liked the most about The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer is the valuable lesson that it teaches to children. I believe that it is very important to teach children to be empathetic. While the book teaches little kids to understand and share the feelings of another, it is very entertaining. I believe that many children will enjoy the adorable illustrations of the animals. The delivery of the book is very creative.

The book is professionally edited. I did not notice any mistakes. I think that Julie Penshorn did a fantastic job with this book. Usually, books for children are not very exciting, but this one is an exception. The storyline was fascinating and hooked me right away. My feelings changed with every line that I read. My heart shattered when I found out that Blue's family left him behind. I was happy that he met the lovely animals that gave him shelter. Later, I was worried about what decision Jim would make. There wasn't anything that I didn't like about this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to everyone, especially to children that are three to eight years old. However, I think that readers of all ages can benefit from this book. This book serves as a great reminder to treat others with kindness and respect.

The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Prisallen
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 69
Favorite Book: The Unbound Soul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Fatal Flaws by Clyde Lawrence

Post by Prisallen » 15 Jan 2020, 20:17

It is important to teach children the importance of empathy towards others, as the animals did for Blue. Great review!

kperm
Currently Reading:

Post by kperm » 16 Jan 2020, 11:48

Prisallen wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 20:17
It is important to teach children the importance of empathy towards others, as the animals did for Blue. Great review!
Thank you for your wonderful comment! :D

Reynaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reynaa.html
Latest Review: Last Another Day by Baileigh Higgins

Post by Reynaa » 16 Jan 2020, 14:46

This sounds like such a cute book with the added benefit of teaching empathy. I'm sure my 4 year old and many others would love it. Great review!

kperm
Currently Reading:

Post by kperm » 19 Jan 2020, 10:06

Reynaa wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 14:46
This sounds like such a cute book with the added benefit of teaching empathy. I'm sure my 4 year old and many others would love it. Great review!
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment! I hope you and your child enjoy reading this book! :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”