Review by DorcasToo -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DorcasToo
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 48
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 43
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Sugar & Spice by H M Irwing

Review by DorcasToo -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by DorcasToo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is a story of four friends who meet on campus. Without knowing, they start a bond that will last them over the next few decades. From the cover, you can see it's about traveling to different exotic and daring destinations; then, pushing and challenging their strength and manliness.

The narrator meets Sam while he's seeking someone to accompany him to the food fair, as his other two friends, Daniel and Alec, are busy. They are still in University at this time and suggest traveling as a by the way. However, a few years later Man Mission is born when Sam and the narrator go to New Zealand on this incredibly critical mission. At this time, Daniel is married and can't go; while Alec is enjoying his life and doesn't feel like going. On the third man mission, Daniel joins them and finally in the fourth mission in Victoria, Australia Alec joins them.

These men absolutely go at it during their missions as they always choose a task that seems tough enough to confirm their strength. From cycling, hiking, kayaking, sailing among many other intense activities that they select to partake. While at it, they not only have fun but it's a period to encourage each other to gain the strength to go on with the challenges they are facing in life. During the missions they lose loved ones, sire children, some are divorced, others find love, are physically injured and many more issues that you will find in the story.

The author has divided the story into three parts there is the beginning, middle and the end. The book contains fifteen chapters and each part stated above contains five. He takes us from their days in school, working, family and friendships. There are lessons to learn in this book and the one I take with me is life is too short so, appreciate your family while you still have them. This book was quite emotional; periodically you could heartily laugh and the next time you are crying.

The only thing I didn't quite understand is about the narrator as I have stated, that's because he's unmentioned anywhere in the book. The author is referring to himself as he uses statements like Sam and I. Apart from that the story is beautiful and well written; the description of each activity and place so precise and vivid. He takes us through a cultural journey: the generous people of Japan, the game drive in South Africa, the raging waters of Fiji, and the song and dance in Yasawa Islands. These are a few examples that I have mentioned of the diverse cultures he exposes us to. I love that Eytan does not just narrate about their adventures but also in between tells us what is indeed going on with their lives.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. Apart from the two errors I encountered, I immensely enjoyed reading this book. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a relaxed read on outdoor adventures.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like DorcasToo's review? Post a comment saying so!
He lays me besides still waters. He prepares a banquet before my enemies.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall not fear.
For the Lord is my Shepherd
:techie-reference:

Prisallen
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 69
Favorite Book: The Unbound Soul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a wonderful book to read, with travel, adventure and the development of characters. Well done!

Delaney35
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 61
Currently Reading: Invisible Me
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Bluest Eyes in Texas: A Country Romance Novel by S.A. Tadej

Post by Delaney35 »

Following these characters and their adventures sounds very interesting. Great review!

DorcasToo
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 48
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 43
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Sugar & Spice by H M Irwing

Post by DorcasToo »

Prisallen wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 14:45
This sounds like a wonderful book to read, with travel, adventure and the development of characters. Well done!
It is indeed thanks
He lays me besides still waters. He prepares a banquet before my enemies.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall not fear.
For the Lord is my Shepherd
:techie-reference:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”