Tutorial Video Explaining Practical Features

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

asere_maryanne
Currently Reading: Source
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asere-maryanne.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Tutorial Video Explaining Practical Features

Post by asere_maryanne »

I joined the onlinebookclub and I found out that there is so much to learn. I have a problem with italicizing the title when posting a review. I have really tried but I still cannot get the hang of it. I believe the administrators can come up with a tutorial video which explains such things in this platform. If there is one already, please let me know.
Thank you in advance
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

asere_maryanne wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 11:16 I joined the onlinebookclub and I found out that there is so much to learn. I have a problem with italicizing the title when posting a review. I have really tried but I still cannot get the hang of it. I believe the administrators can come up with a tutorial video which explains such things in this platform. If there is one already, please let me know.
Thank you in advance
There isn't a video but there is a thread in the review team support forum that explains it and you can practice. But I find that if you highlight the words you want italicized and then press the I button at the top of the post. It will make those words in italics.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
asere_maryanne

Post by asere_maryanne »

I always do this but when I check the editor's scorecard, I am told it is not italicized.
katiesquilts
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Post by katiesquilts »

Make sure you italicize after copying and pasting your review into the post if you write it somewhere else, like in Word. Even if you format in Word those changes will not be carried over, so you have to use the italics/bold buttons here on the website! (Not sure if that was your problem, but hopefully it will help!)
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

You also need to make sure you preview the review before submitting. Check for your italics, bold, and spacing in the preview screen.
AmySmiles
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

kfwilson6 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 12:03 You also need to make sure you preview the review before submitting. Check for your italics, bold, and spacing in the preview screen.
:text-yeahthat:
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
asere_maryanne

Post by asere_maryanne »

Thank you all for the pieces of advice. I will make a point to observe them all and see how it turns out.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

I had the same problem at first but with time I got the gist. Always remember to preview severally before submitting it helps. Then, after submitting confirm everything is okay before going back to review page. Hope this will help.
Mary WhiteFace
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

Since your talking about italicizing the title, I thought I'd give you a tip. If your book is part of a series, then the series name has to be italicized as well.

You may already know this, but I overlooked it once, and got dinged for it. I was a little nervous, and it didn't click in my brain that the series name is actually part of the title name.

Just trying to help a teammate. Good luck with your review. 💕

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”